London riots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

muchless

Banned
May 14, 2011
s wales
Its a shame to the people who want to stay out of it
People are big in gangs but any of them alone would not do such a thing

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
...Someone mentioned New Orleans. I still remember the image of a large black man with a huge TV balancing on his head as he waded through the floods up to his chest. Following hime closely (including a wake) was a large crocodile!! Very funny I thought...

Now. Now. Lets be accurate. It was an alligator. There are no crocodiles in Louisiana.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Gurkhas have better knives. I mean an Argyll with whatever they have or Gurkhas with their Kukris and the knowledge to use them. ****! Does everything revolve around knives??!!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Is anyone singing a certain Clash song from their album "London Calling" by any chance? London Calling has a line about London burning but I live by the river!! DO like a bit of The Clash now and again.

nah, but......"I predict a riot" springs to mind

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Yeah send in the troops! Then you'll see some proper rioting, Its summer leave at the month! There would be some very angry chaps not looking forward to going home to An ear bashing for not getting a decent holiday for the last few years. :D

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
There's packs of hound dogs all over the country with nothing to do since the hunting ban. Train them up to scent on sweaty adidas trainers and fried chicken and send in the countryside alliance. The same decent folks who got their skulls bust open in 2004 when they had a peaceful march in London. Tally ho, mo fo's!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Gurkhas have better knives. I mean an Argyll with whatever they have or Gurkhas with their Kukris and the knowledge to use them. ****! Does everything revolve around knives??!!

Actually I think a Gurkha with nothing is probably a match for that lot. I know if I were in a fight I'd much, much rather the Gurkhas were on my side.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Stand corrected Santaman however whoever photoshopped it didn't know that and the image I saw was a croc!!

There was another image of some vigilante rednecks in a boat with guns. Some comment about alcohol, boats, guns and hunting black men being a redneck's good day out!! I have heard about these sorts of rednecks. Like the story I heard from someone who worked out in Texas for a few months. One of his Texan colleagues went to his truck, fished out one of his many guns (a pump action shotgun) then took it to the portacabin where a family of skunks had taken up residence and holding low slung he pumped a load of rounds under the cabin and no more skunks and no smell neither (they died too quick). Another story was how they cleared the wasteland near the factory out. They would all turn up with their huge trailer BBQs and smokers and a load of beer, then walk in a line from the factory with aa load of shotguns and rifles just like a police evidence line but they were there to shoot anything that moved in front of them. Anything worth eating got bunged in the BBQ!!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
guy's, i actually dispair at this.

i know what i'd like to do, i know what i can't do, so what do we do ?

my heart felt sympathy goes out to all the innocent residents and decent folks caught up in this mindless distruction, in this day and age, in this climate of financial uncertanty, it's the last thing anyone needs, homes and livelyhood destroyed for what ?

i wish the emergency services all the luck in the world with this.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well Guns of Brixton comes to mind when they try to arrest the looters later on.

Which band sang "Something better change!" Think it was Stiff Little Fingers. I think that is what the "community leaders" are all saying.

Did anyone hear the lass on newsnight from the trident advisory group? She had a brief to get a few phrases in and that was all she could say no matter what the presenter was trying to ask her. She sounded like a biased hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil type about the people doing the looting and rioting. Hate that how no matter what the louts do they are just apologists for them by saying its because they have nothing to do or they didn't get some high ranking copper to speak to outside the cop shop or whatever the poor little dears had or didn't have. Balderdash! They're gangs and louts out for a bit of mischief and a load of free loot. Get the tear gas, rubber bullets and water cannon out now!! Clear the streets, martial law and sort the ****s out!!

BTW I'm a liberal voter and a pacifist!! ;)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
guy's, i actually dispair at this.

i know what i'd like to do, i know what i can't do, so what do we do ?...

Minus the emotion and tasteless jokes The only thing that can be done realistically is to try to keep it contained/confined until the momentum runs out. Then pick up the pieces and look for as many of the perpetrators as can be found.

Jock

Forager
Feb 26, 2009
East Kilbride
Surprised they looted a Black's
Phone shops,Currys & Boots I can understand
But Black's?
Noticed the Sky reporters had matching North face jackets on though

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/Middle-class-to-take-looting-lessons-201108084167/

Well lets breed a generation and convince them that success is a new pair of trainers and a 50" plasma tv, bring them up from age 2 to covet material goods and if you can achieve it without having to work hard so much the better, pop stardom, soccer stars, lottery winners this is what we breed them to admire. Then we give them little or no chance of achieving that material success by legal means and suddenly one day they see it's all there for the taking. Well of course they should have more self control like you or I but I think we also need to admit that the avarice and conspicuous consumption which is the base of capitalism is a contributory factor. A good friend is currently on the street in Lewisham with 5 miles to get home from workshop so thoughts are with all the folk that are affected.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE