London Pub Meet No 7

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hallobayo, Tim n. and Mesquite, sorry you were not there. Hopefully next time. To all that were there, a brilliant night. Colin and Rich 59, it was great to meet you. See you next time. Good to put faces to names.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Sorry I didn't make it, just moved house, still surrounded by boxes!Hope you all had a good evening.

Yep we did, and 8 out of 10 ain't bad at all. You have been a busy boy this summer.

Next time we have a competition.

Guess Woodpoet's Laden & Unladen weights, in the event of tie break the first person to ask for a peice of kit Woodpoet is not carrying wins.

Winner gets to set fire to the table.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I had a great evening guys. Thanks a million. I'll post on my newspaper challenge in the fire section.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hey Doc. I though you had semi retired some years ago :roflmao: As fate would have it I saw an alert for your post in my weekly email check. Not sure who is around and what they are doing in this vein. I haven't been active on the forum for a while as responsibility keeps getting in the way. I also haven't been at one of these for a couple of years. I know Woodpoet was keeping them going for a while. By the way my Mrs. Still works with your 2nd hand Cashmere jumper layering system.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Works a treat doesn't it! I recently introduced my son to keeping warm in extreme cold in an old stone farm house.
1 get wool blanket.
2 fold it in two length ways
3 Slide inside like an unzipped sleeping bag
4 Pull duvet over the top
5 RESULT-toast!

Old military maxim. One underneath is worth two on top.

He cannot believe the difference. Domestic bush craft. ;-)

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
AS to being semiretired. The Pandemic pulled out and got me working again. With the passing of Rod i realise that our time for friends and joy of existence is so fleeting. Woods here I come. Doc

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wondering if this is still alive? Now I have semiretired I would like to reconnect with you all. Doc
Unfortunately with the change of my job I don't go into central London that often now (I think the last time I went in was December '21) and added to the rise in cost of living etc it doesn't persuade me that much either.

However all that aside, it would be good to meet up with folks so depending on when I might be able to make the occasional meet.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I am thinking maybe once, maybe twice a month. Like many lockdown played havoc with my social connections and fitness. so 2023 is the year of reconnection and getting out and doing things. :emoji_thumbsup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE