Lofty Wiseman Vid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I cannot help you Tom but if you find out let me know as Ive wanted to see this video for years!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Looks like I will have to give Lofty a nudge and see if he has managed to find the copy I asked him about.

LS

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I could find only a handful of records of it, at the links below, and when I clicked
on the 'order' link in the first URL it said there was a 'fatal error' which sounds a
bit hopeless.

It seems to be the world's most elusive video (I used my best Google
tracking skills and really struggled to find it :) ) but were these sites
ones you'd already eliminated?

Cached version with search terms highlighted:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...iques"+wiseman+video&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=3
Contact details by email appear to be:
help@ftfindustries.com
(Not a terribly work-safe website, full of pictures of guns... :eek: )

Another similar search gave this website:
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...iques"+wiseman+video&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=3
The email address for the people behind this website is:
warbooks@warbooks.com

All my other search strings just brought up pages and pages of books, even
when using -book -books in the search to filter them out.

Good luck!
Jo

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
Looks like I will have to give Lofty a nudge and see if he has managed to find the copy I asked him about.

LS
Any luck yet LS??? :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have a copy of OUTDOOR SURVIVAL - SAS Survival Techniques by Lofty Wiseman (1 and 2)

unfortunately they are on two VHS tapes as they were released before the invent of DVD.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I've got the first one, got it off evilbay but never managed to source number two, oh well, still looking :rolleyes:

Brian

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Stuart said:
I have a copy of OUTDOOR SURVIVAL - SAS Survival Techniques by Lofty Wiseman (1 and 2)

unfortunately they are on two VHS tapes as they were released before the invent of DVD.
If you have a recordable DVD player you can sometimes ahem legally make ahem a back up copy ;)

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i'd love to see these, Lofty seems like an all knowning gentle giant - from the Duncan Dares shows anyway.
i've read his books several times, and i'd love to buy a copy of the videos / dvd's if the production company would like to make a few quid.

maybe we should start a fund to raise the cash to buy the rights to the things we all want to get a copy of - and the external sales could go towards the initial outlay.... hmm my simplistic monkey brain make everything eazee...

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Simon E said:
Well, if someone wants a copy, the ethical thing to do would be to send the Pirate chap some dosh to pass on to Lofty.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, he's not far from me so I could pop in and ask him very nicely if he would mind.

LS (the pirate guy)

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
PLEASE be careful with this one people.....

As various other threads regarding these sorts of videos and DVD's have stated that there is an issue with breaking the law if you copy these programmes to distribute :(
Even if Lofty agrees to it, make sure that he has the exclusive rights to the programmes. If there is any other company involved ( and i suspect there will be) then it is them you would have to contact to gain permission to copy these videos.

It is a shame because there is an obvious demand market that is not been fulfilled here. I have all the tracks and world of survival that was recorded onto my hard drive from a sky box and i would happily do anyone a copy that wanted it, but as we know it can't be done.

As mentioned buying the rights yourself or between a group is a viable idea although how cheap it would be is another matter.

Sorry to be a party pooper but i don't want anyone or this forum to get into trouble from dubuious activities.

If it does get sorted......count me in for a copy :D

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
CLEM said:

Hi Clem,

went to see lofty just before Christmas, on a mission to get a new copy of his survival handbook signed for a friends son, a "secret santa" gift...Lofty was up to his eyes in it at the time, had just had his kitchen taken out and was getting ready for his new one...Covered in paint he was, I will try and get to see him again soon.:eek:

LS

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
Hi Clem,

went to see lofty just before Christmas, on a mission to get a new copy of his survival handbook signed for a friends son, a "secret santa" gift...Lofty was up to his eyes in it at the time, had just had his kitchen taken out and was getting ready for his new one...Covered in paint he was, I will try and get to see him again soon.:eek:

LS
Good man ;) Let us know how you get on :)

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
Just trying to bump this up a bit.

I have the 'A' tape, but not the 'B' tape, and am desperately trying to get a copy....Whether on VHS or DVD. The 'A' tape is currently on Amazon if anyone wants that (A tape is yellow jacketed and B tape is red jacketed from memory)

I really enjoy watching Lofty, and find his humour matches mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE