Local Bushcraft Contacts Locally

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
I have been wondering how we could link up easily with other Members in our locality.
Since many members do not indicate where they live, this is quite difficult. Many of us may be within a few miles of eachother but not know it. It would be interesting to keep in touch, even through Private Messages as to anything that may be going on locally of mutual interest, or to arrange to meet up to do something together.
I would be interested in contact with Members in the Stirling Area or just beyond.
Anyone with similar thoughts may wish to follow up on this Thread and it may lead to local area groups throughout the country. If this requires BCUK approval I would ask that
Tony responds or this Thread is not put out for publication.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
There was a map and there was talk about reviving it?
I think the best bet is people filling in the location option, even if it is just your county it would give someone an idea. I know there are some local meet ups, the north meet attracts people from allover :beerchug:, as do some others, but organising a days bimble around your local area as the recent one in NWales seem to be local meets for local bushcrafters, so it could be worth "advertising" a day out and see who turns up. If no one turns up noting lost as you were going anyway, and as it is just a day out you aren't giving away secret camping locations to anybody that might turn up!

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
great idea :approve:
i would be well pleased to meet up with local bushies - as a noob to bushcraft, it would be great if i could draw on the experience of others.
i live on the wirral (over the stream from liverpool), so anyone within slingshot distance from N Wales is close to me!
i'd be up for a day anytime!
good thread Smokey

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I made the original BCUK map years ago, but when we moved over to a new server we could no longer use it. Plus it was only a UK map :)
There was a version being setup to replace it but I'm not sure what happened.

Found this in an old thread though (from Zammo):
http://www.frappr.com/bushcraftuk1

Edit: Hah.. just got the old map up and working on some cruddy free hosting.. surprised it still works! (the server is a bit up and down tho)
http://www12.asphost4free.com/codism/bc_map/

I wouldn't bother adding yourself to it tho, since we do really need a world map now :)

Cheers
Carlo

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
great idea :approve:
i would be well pleased to meet up with local bushies - as a noob to bushcraft, it would be great if i could draw on the experience of others.
i live on the wirral (over the stream from liverpool), so anyone within slingshot distance from N Wales is close to me!
i'd be up for a day anytime!
good thread Smokey

;) http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22105 ,you are welcome to tis for a day or the wole weekend if you like.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE