Living basic to save on bills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If you get the job it does not mean there is not one out there for the someone else. If you got the job you may be more suited to it than them.

What about the crap jobs that no one wants to do? The dull, monotonous jobs. The dirty smelly jobs. The menial degrading jobs.

They all need doing. Who does them? Do we pay more for people to do these jobs? How much more? Or are these jobs for someone else?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You could chose to live on a global wage and choose to maintain inequality - that tells me all I need to know.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
What about the crap jobs that no one wants to do? The dull, monotonous jobs. The dirty smelly jobs. The menial degrading jobs.

They all need doing. Who does them? Do we pay more for people to do these jobs? How much more? Or are these jobs for someone else?

You could chose to live on a global wage and choose to maintain inequality - that tells me all I need to know.

Sorry guys, but both these posts are firmly rooted in working within, and thereby maintaining, the Status Quo. A limited set of choices not looking for better options that can transform.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sorry guys, but both these posts are firmly rooted in working within, and thereby maintaining, the Status Quo. A limited set of choices not looking for better options that can transform.

How about answering the question instead of avoiding it? And what on earth has Optimus Prime got to do with it?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Swallow you are as convincing as a guy espousing vegetarianism whist cramming his mouth with cheeseburgers. You work within the status quo and enjoy all the benefits of inequality. You do it today and you will do it tomorrow.

Come back when you live on the global average income and when you can convince the rest of the country to give up all those things that most of the world lacks and are therefor "unequal"

the NHS ,
free primary and secondary education,
maternity pay,
disabled living allowance
the old age pension

remember when you withdraw the old age pension because its unequal to remind the pensioners that there is "plenty to go around"

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
How about answering the question instead of avoiding it? And what on earth has Optimus Prime got to do with it?

Sure. WE don't pay those guys more. If I had the option, they would get paid the same as everyone else. My binman is probably one of the most influential people in my life, given I live in a city.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sure. WE don't pay those guys more. If I had the option, they would get paid the same as everyone else. My binman is probably one of the most influential people in my life, given I live in a city.

So someone with no real skills, no craft, who invested no time (or hasn't the talent) in bettering themselves should be paid the same as someone who has?

A shelf stacker should be on the same salary as a doctor or a teacher?

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Swallow you are as convincing as a guy espousing vegetarianism whist cramming his mouth with cheeseburgers. You work within the status quo and enjoy all the benefits of inequality. You do it today and you will do it tomorrow.

Come back when you live on the global average income and when you can convince the rest of the country to give up all those things that most of the world lacks and are therefor "unequal"

the NHS ,
free primary and secondary education,
maternity pay,
disabled living allowance
the old age pension

remember when you withdraw the old age pension because its unequal to remind the pensioners that there is "plenty to go around"

Why would I need to convince you of anything? It's not like I have asked anyone for anything on this thread (save an explanation I understand of how inequality is necessary). Nor is like I have asked anyone to take up my opinion, to believe it or act it out.

Last edited:

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
So someone with no real skills, no craft, who invested no time (or hasn't the talent) in bettering themselves should be paid the same as someone who has?

No one would do the stressful jobs, everyone would compete for the stress free easy jobs.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London

Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
No one would do the stressful jobs, everyone would compete for the stress free easy jobs.

Actually I've seen many positions that advertise the job as "high stress" and know a few people who get bored unless they are in one. So I'm not buying that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE