Living basic to save on bills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just clocked an article on Yahoo news, yes, I know it's like the Sunday Sport but without da wimmin, but anyway there's an article there about some bloke in Yorkshire who's gone on an extreme money saving plan which is actually rather pertinent for me as I am doing something rather similar.

Here's the article

Some of his logic is a bit skewed but that could either be the bias of the 12 year old journalists Yahoo has working for them or the way the bloke thinks. Anyway good luck to him

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Hmmm..I wonder if it is actually cheaper to buy bottled water than pay water rates. You still have to pay sewerage charges of course unless you get a compost toilet set up.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Even if 'they' had already discovered unlimited fusion power, they would never release it. The last thing people with power want is more equality in the world.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
So to save a few quid a month he's topping up the land fill sites with plastic bottles, paper plates etc, he's an idiot.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Just clocked an article on Yahoo news, yes, I know it's like the Sunday Sport but without da wimmin, but anyway there's an article there about some bloke in Yorkshire who's gone on an extreme money saving plan which is actually rather pertinent for me as I am doing something rather similar.

Here's the article

Some of his logic is a bit skewed but that could either be the bias of the 12 year old journalists Yahoo has working for them or the way the bloke thinks. Anyway good luck to him

Interesting article, some people we know that live ON Betes mountain are completely off grid and are almost 100% self sufficient, did you note that it is illegal to cut peoples water supply off

EdS

all that nice plastic being binned.

As said it is illegal to cut off someone else's water supply but you can have your own switched off. However, he should still be paying the standing charge for sewage carriage and treatment.

Also if you cut your own water off you may get a visit form Env Health who can declare the premise not fit for habitation and serve a notice to turn the water back on.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hang on a minute....

Water £14 (yahoo version)
Wipes £2 (Minimum)
Paper Cups £2 (guess)
Paper Plates £2 (guess)

So it's up to £240.00 a year.

Not mentioned is how (or if :yuck:) clothes are washed which would increase this figure.

So we are talking £250.00 Minimum which is a great saving on the £230.00 he was paying before.:rolleyes:

And we haven't even factored in time yet....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This guy works for a living and pays his own bills. Provided he doesn't cause a nuisance for others, that makes him entitled to live any way he pleases in my book. Whilst I would not make his choices, as a person not expecting others to pay his bills, I'll defend his right to make whatever choices he chooses.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE