Little test...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I was a Haymaker:

You are one of life’s enjoyers, determined to get the most you can out of your brief spell on Earth. Probably what first attracted you to atheism was the prospect of liberation from the Ten Commandments, few of which are compatible with a life of pleasure. You play hard and work quite hard, have a strong sense of loyalty and a relaxed but consistent approach to your philosophy.

You can’t see the point of abstract principles and probably wouldn’t lay down your life for a concept though you might for a friend. Something of a champagne humanist, you admire George Bernard Shaw for his cheerful agnosticism and pursuit of sensual rewards and your Hollywood hero is Marlon Brando, who was beautiful, irascible and aimed for goodness in his own tortured way.

Sometimes you might be tempted to allow your own pleasures to take precedence over your ethics. But everyone is striving for that elusive balance between the good and the happy life. You’d probably open another bottle and say there’s no contest.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
bloodline said:
Im a Hardhat so I guess I cant be all bad :D hows the bowdrill Andy?

Good thanks matey. And yourself? Have you been practising lots in this fine easter weather we have had?

bambodoggy said:
I was a Hairshirt....apparently I'ma model citizen!!!!!
Bam, the idea is that you answer the questions truefully :rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao: :p

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Couldn't answer any of the questions, so I don't know. None of the multiple choice answers were suitable - probably because I'm not a humanist!

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Hairshirt, apparently.

But then, the whole thing was either very tongue-in-cheek, or else we really have to worry about all those "humanists" in our midst. What a bunch of cranks that quiz makes them seem.

I had trouble answering a couple of the questions. Who the blinking flip are Feltzman and the Hamptons?

And the quality of the writing leaves much to be desired.
newhumanist said:
The power of prayer is all hot air
31 Mar 06 -- No sign of improvement for patients
A major study of 1,800 heart by-pass patients in the US has found that the power of prayer has no discernible effect on their recovery and in some cases may even prevent it

Spot that?

"[T]hepower of prayer has no discernible effect [on patients' recovery]" followed by "in some cases may even prevent [patients' recovery]".

So, no effect, or a deleterious effect? Make your minds up, "humanists"!

K.

Bushmaster

Forager
Oct 17, 2004
Scotland
Handholder

handholding.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You go out of your way to build bridges with people of different views and beliefs and have quite a few religious friends. You believe in the essential goodness of people , which means you’re always looking for common ground even if that entails compromises. You would defend Salman Rushdie’s right to criticise Islam but you’re sorry he attacked it so viciously, just as you feel uncomfortable with some of the more outspoken and unkind views of religion in the pages of this magazine.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Sounds bang on for me like.Even though some of the questions were a compromise.;)

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE