Little Book of Whittling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
You could also have a look at Green Woodworking, Pattern book by Ray Tabor
ISBN 0713489146
It contains over 300 designs for everything from spoons to seats, as well as sections on tools, shaving horses etc.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've had a go at some more whittling and I'm getting addicted.....
DSC00256.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Cool bits of whittling there. The book is on my Amazon wishlist already.

Can someone please put me out of my misery? I've been trying and failing to figure out what those whittling multitools are, so I'm feeling fairly stupid as everyone else seems to know!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thought i would have a go at this today, to be different i made the tail feathers go the other way.

Pretty chuffed for a first attempt

Chicken.jpg

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
Wayland said:
Woo Hoo..... Just got one of these for Xmas

web4952big.jpg

Looks like I'll be after this book next.

Saw these at the Weald Wood Fair last year and was sorely tempted. However I was rather put off by the price.

Richard

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i've seen these in the axminster catalogue too. at first i thought they were a tad pricey but i think if your a keen whittler they'd probably be woth the price. they seem to have a lot of blade shapes for different 'effects'.

i can see how in the skilled hands of a master-whittler such as wayland, this would be an excellent tool!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE