Littlbug Junior & Solo Stove - Thoughts On Purchase?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
I am looking at making a purchase of either a Littlbug Junior or a Solo Stove. Wanted to use it with something like an Alpkit MytiMug 650. Your thoughts please?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Different beasts in my mind - the solo is a woodgas burner where as the Littlebug is really just a pot stand. That's not being derogatory mind as I like the simplicity. I've not used the Solo but have used a couple of other woodgas burners, they are good fun and I like the one I have but it's quite a bit of faff to get it going well and a bit tricky to recharge with a pot on (this looks less of an issue with Littlebug). Also it takes up the whole of my billy (Mors Pot) with not a lot of room for anything else where as the Littlebug looks like it breaks down very efficiently.

Between the two I'm pushed towards the simplicity of the Littlebug, sure it's less efficient than a woodgas but TBH that's not really an issue as fuel is usually plentiful.

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE