Lifesaver bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have heard good things about them, anyone got one ?, can you realy use any water ?. I often walk the old Grantham canal, & wonder if it could be used along this route.

Thanks,

Rob

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have ome and its fine. I woud be careful around chemical cotaminants - especially petrol - but it will remove all biological hazards

Red

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i would not risk it from a canal, it will have chemicals and heavy metals in it, which will probably not be filtered out, i dont think they contain a ceramic filter which helps filter metals and chemicals....

hope this helps, have a look at the science of water thread on this site.....

regards.

chris.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
better to be safe mate, id use my pump as it has a ceramic filter but still not really that good for heavy metals and chemicals, best to take a litre or 2 with you mate, or find a stream, but even then all the chemicals from farm run off are probley still in the water....:(:(:(:(:(:(

sad times for the planet and our kids and thair kids...:(:(:(:(

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Even rivers are in a poor state now...

I often stay near the dee, one spot i wont be returning to. It was a small sewage processing outlet from a small village. It would process said sewage and then release it into the river Dee... brown murky water straight into the river that i thought was reasonable to drink, after treating...

I carry as much water as i can nowadays.

Darkside

Forager
Nov 2, 2009
Aldershot, UK
I have one and it has ceramic filter and charcoal so does remove biological and chemical contaminents, but as others have said - you can never be 100% sure in the UK anymore.

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Might be worth having a look at the Travel Tap bottle. I don't have one but I've been looking at it, it seems (according to their blurb) to filter chemicals and heavy metals as well as bacteria and viruses.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing on the Gods earth filters all chemicals and heavy metals - it may filter some and adsorb others - but even reverse osmosis and distilation can't get rid of everything

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I noticed there are several Lifesaver Water bottles on ebay much cheaper than the RRP!

I think I will get one going on the advice above!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE