Lets do something in or around Gloucester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
Painswick/Cranham wood. Raining a bit today so remember take dry tinder. Wonder what happened to the chap who said he was contacting the scout camp? Though, that was supposed to be last weekend. I would only consider camping if it was legal and/or part of a group.

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
I was contacting the Scout centre, but never did get a reply from them !

Oh, I wondered what the outcome was - and checked the forum a few times. Shame they didn't get back to you. Cranham is such a public wood during holidays.. but I can think of nowhere better for an organized Gloucestershire meet.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
They rent out the forest and the grove, my mate in work is very involved in the Scouts and was going to use his contacts to help me organise it but the Scout Centre is owned by different people than previous so he doesn't know them. I filled in a generic enquiry form and even rang there without success
It was a good idea but probably a little short notice for people. Ill keep trying as have been unable to find an active local group on here

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
Yes, I think a local group needs establishing/re-establishing. It is better for everyone who might be interested, and is in the area, if we could get a regular Bushcraft UK Gloucestershire group together - starting with ourselves?

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
Hi Steve,

Have tried getting a local group together with very limited success, seemed to have ended up just doing several weekend courses either in Forest of Dean or Savanake forest Swindon. That said have discovered some very good course providers for a weekends outing

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
They rent out the forest and the grove, my mate in work is very involved in the Scouts and was going to use his contacts to help me organise it but the Scout Centre is owned by different people than previous so he doesn't know them. I filled in a generic enquiry form and even rang there without success
It was a good idea but probably a little short notice for people. Ill keep trying as have been unable to find an active local group on here

strictly speaking, it's still owned by glos scouts, but yes there is a new warden, and he's friendlier than the old one!

cheers, and.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
my summer's booked up, but I can have a word with the warden at cranham to get an idea of costs and facilities.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
I like that idea, attended a survival course with Trueways there about 6 Months back. Would be nice to use the wood in a responsible way as part of a club and be welcomed back there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE