Les Stroud/Survivorman calling it quits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chem_doc

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't know if it was reported here or not, but Les Stroud, of "Survivorman" fame, has decided to end his show with this current season being the last.

Can't say as I blame him. It takes time away from his family and I imagine doing week after week of surviving is hard to handle.

But still, this guy, IMO, was the real deal. No camera crew, no hotel stays. Just him, his cameras, and the wild.

http://article.wn.com/view/2008/11/06/TVs_Survivorman_calls_it_quits_after_three_seasons_of_starva/

Doc

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Agree fully Doc. Love the shows enjoyed 'Off the Grid' seems like a nice guy.
Don't blame him either for giving up...I struggle to get a pass out for a night not alone a week at at a time!
D

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Be interesting to see what he does next.

An 'Off the gird' series would be really interesting, especially if he went to different areas/climates, so did his own thing, and went to see what other people are doing.

I am sure I have seen or read something from him, were he said he did not enjoy them, and they were running out of places to go. Always got the impression that he is more interested in long term, than survival. Then again he has trained with a lot of Survival experts.

There does not seem to be anything on his website.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
maybe because he was sometime a bit too gloomy in the way he did them. like he says starving and freezing for weeks at a time hasn't been good for him.

he allways did have bad luck though. if anyone else saw his first outing with a canadian news show where if it could go wrong it did. it kinda set the scene for his outdoor career, it used to be online but I havent found it recently.

the problem with all of them is the 1 hour or less format. at least bg went to two parts on some of them which allowed it to slow down a bit and not look so mtv.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'm intrigued by his programmes - none of which I've seen. Are they available on DVD and, if so, where can I find them?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE