Lee Reeves axes custom display

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rcwells

Mar 16, 2015
United States
I have this collection of Lee Reeves axes and a couple from other makers as well, and wanted to display them. Storing them unsheathed is not safe, and in the sheath they wind up developing undesired patina. So I searched and searched and searched and found NOTHING for an axe collection display, only some storage solutions, or store displays that don't show the axes so much. I mean apparently I am the ONLY person in the world that had beautiful custom axes to display because there was NOTHING out there!
So I finally came up with an idea of my own and am working on it now. I picked up some Pearl River (Louisiana) Cedar (supposedly these were sunken river logs) log sections cut on a bandsaw.

So, after a few weeks of thought, prep, and execution, I have finished the first of two wall displays for my Lee Reeves collection. Now that this one is finished I will start work on the next piece soon so I can get the rest of the collection up and displayed.

Anyways, I know a lot of guys on this forum have appreciated Lee's work, so I wanted you to see it and hope that you like it. However, it seems I cannot post pics here, so if someone wants to host for me, I will email pics.

Thanks
RC
USA

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Look forward to seeing the display once your pictures have passed moderation.

Just to explain that, you need a post count of 10 or more to post pictures otherwise they go for moderation to make sure they're appropriate for the forum :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I saw this over on BCUSA , and I thought it was beautiful.
I really like the the axes too, they look great and the display is a wonderful piece of timber...

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but ,
It wouldn't happen to be this one would it Sir?
5d9ae26bd3df43b31d34d4a9f38cb62d.jpg

😊

Last edited:

rcwells

Mar 16, 2015
United States
I saw this over on BCUSA , and I thought it was beautiful.
I really like the the axes too, they look great and the display is a wonderful piece of timber...

I hope I'm not breaking any rules but ,
It wouldn't happen to be this one would it Sir?
5d9ae26bd3df43b31d34d4a9f38cb62d.jpg

😊

That's it, and thanks bud. I just know there have been a lot of guys on here that appreciate Lee's work as well.

Tracer1969

Feb 11, 2009
Belgium
Great collection!
Such a shame Lee stopped making axes, there was a belt axe and knife on my wish list from him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE