Lapland with Abbe 2007

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I somehow missed this thread, I had no idea Abbe was selling up! Nice for him to know that a good friend has taken ownership and that the area will be well looked after and respected, and above all enjoyed.

It's a fantastic looking site, Google map cooordinates were put up once, I believe, by Abbe. Any idea what they are so that we can have a quick look at the surrounding area?!!

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Wow, your own place up there. It can't get any better than that.
Many congratulations, Fenlander!

-Emile

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Kevin

Congratulations on your new purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

Been looking through my pm but just cant find that invite.......:(

I used to enjoy Abbes posts, what’s he and his family doing now?

Best regards, Pothunter.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Kevin

Congratulations on your new purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

Been looking through my pm but just cant find that invite.......:(

I used to enjoy Abbes posts, what’s he and his family doing now?

Best regards, Pothunter.

:) :)
Thanks mate, I am happy you liked them.
My family and I will stay in Sweden but more to the south. It will be in the Kramfors area, a little warmer, not 8 month of snow but still much much wilderness.
There is more variation for an artist too. Here is everything centered around mining and forest industry.

Form the area we are moving too came as well some famous artists. As I am trying to break in as an landscape painter I hope to connect to that spirit. Down there too is farming going on much longer than up here. And the wonderfull coastline will be a nice background to my paintings. Its called "höger kusten" and is on the world nature protection list. Small islands with forest on the east coasts. The animal wildlife is a bit broader too, deer and maybee wild boar are there too. I am sure about deer but not so sure about wild boar.
These little guys are moving up to the north but I dont know how high they are already.

My bushcrafting will come in handy if I am staying out for some days. Here you can see me doing what I love.
me_painting.jpg

all the best
Abbe

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's got me wondering, do you do oil or water colours? 'Cos if you do water colours, do you have problems with the paint freezing?!:p

:D

Would be nice to see some of your paintings.;)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi mate,
I started with oils now. I was an cartoon animator and illustrator before but got enough with it and want to connect my love for nature with art.
I dont want to hickjack the Thread and make an art thread out of it but I am planning on a webpage nature / art / spiritual when I have enough good works together.

cheers
Abbe

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Wow kevin i don't know i go away for a while and loads of stuff happens :D

looks like a smashing place and i hope you are very happy with your purchase

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Abbe

Tried to reply to your post earlier but keep getting interrupted.

Good to hear from you, hope you are all well. It’s good to know that you are still visiting the site.

Just googled Kramfors looks a fascinating area especially the ‘high coast trail’ also a good mix of traditional and modern architecture. I would guess the scenery is enough to inspire any artist, I will be interested to see your work let us know when your site is up and running.

And good opportunities for hunting, wild boar are continually expanding their range all over Europe even here in the UK where 10 years ago there were none.

Best regards, Pothunter.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Abbe

Tried to reply to your post earlier but keep getting interrupted.

Good to hear from you, hope you are all well. It’s good to know that you are still visiting the site.

Just googled Kramfors looks a fascinating area especially the ‘high coast trail’ also a good mix of traditional and modern architecture. I would guess the scenery is enough to inspire any artist, I will be interested to see your work let us know when your site is up and running.

And good opportunities for hunting, wild boar are continually expanding their range all over Europe even here in the UK where 10 years ago there were none.

Best regards, Pothunter.

thanks mate,
I look in now and then to check my PM and see how you are doing.
When I have more art together I will work on my webpage and show it to you guys.
all the best
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE