knife sharpening kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eddieb

Jan 17, 2014
Essex
Hi I was wondering what knife sharpening kits people have as I am looking for one that is not big and bulky and will sharpen to a mirror shine like a mora knife straight from the box?

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
Is this for home use? Depending on the knife ill either use a variety of different wet stones 250g to 10000g. Or I'll use different grits of wet and dry on my paddle strop and then polishing compound

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At homI use an Aldi 4 sided diamond block and wet and dry paper finished with a leather strop. In the field I use a little diamond hone from Casstrom.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
1200 wet and dry paper if it needs it, followed by a good strop on the paddle strop with Autosol or smurf poo..

In the field, it's a DC4 (Nice on the axe too) or a bit of 1200 and some Autosol on a leather belt.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I use a dc4 when out and about, still going strong after 10 years but the diamond side is starting to wear out now

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
You don't need a kit. Just a DMT dia-fold. Red and blue.

Might be more expensive than wet and dry paper but much cheaper in the long run. Unless you have dozens of knives and are sharpening day and night then it'll last a lifetime.

eddieb

Jan 17, 2014
Essex
So many choices and I like them all! I am stuck between the doublestuff and dc3 :/ and they be used for my outdoors knives and kitchen knife

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE