Kifaru Zulu Gen 1 in OD with extra's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
For sale is a Kifaru rucksack the now discontinued Zulu first generation. The pack is made of 1000d Cordura and is pretty bombproof. This has not been abused at all. The pack is 52l, included is two side pockets approx 10l each, an XTL lid which is another 10l and a grab it attached to the outside which allows you to stuff wet gear on the outside of the pack. The pack is also covered in molle webbing which will allow you to attach anything else you want. The side pockets can be attached via the dock and lock straps to the pack or more permanently using molle attachments which will be included. The lid is a floating lid but can be detached to make a separate shoulder bag a strap is included but it's not the original. The belt is unpadded but bears the weight of the pack on to your hips. This is sized to about 39' waist. This is an excellent pack and only being sold as I'm downsizing a lot of kit, any questions let me know, some further details can be found here;

https://www.militarymorons.com/equipment/kifaru/kifaru4.html

£200

Zulu details.jpg IMG_8555.jpg IMG_7710.jpg IMG_1258.jpg

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry, not looking to buy, but thought I would chime in with an endorsement.

I too have a Gen1 Zulu in Olive Drab, with an XTL lid, but no Grab-it, and I sold off the Long Side Pockets that I got it with. Fantastic pack. Has been with me on all my travels since about 2010. With two 10 litre side pockets it took me to Canada for winter courses with Mors twice, has been thumped about in canoes and pick-up beds and was third hand before I even got it, having been to Borneo and Africa several times with the previous owner. This is about as big a pack as you can take as carry-on with flights...you have to compress it a bit, not stuff to capacity to stay in all the dimensions, but the lid can be packed full and used as a second bag where such things are allowed. Also, for hold-baggage, the shoulder straps can be detached at the lower end, rolled up under the lid and the hip belt reversed and wrapped around the pack, to make a relatively conveyor resistant bundle (for a back pack).

Here is an in-use action shot, I am 5'8", for scale.
DSC03365 by Last Scratch, on Flickr

The Zulu was one of Kifaru's most poplular packs, but after going to the GenII it was discontinued when the company started to shift from bomb-proof tactical style packs to 500D hunting packs.

Best of luck with the sale. I would hope that someone here would have it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE