Khukuris from Amazon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Certainly looks like it's Kukri House but you would in fact be cheaper buying them direct - $90 delivered is about £55 delivered as opposed to £70 from Amazon
http://www.kukrisonline.com/index.p..._id=1&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

http://www.kukrisonline.com/index.p..._id=1&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

Ah brilliant, Looks like it is the same!

That it would be, but I have a lot of amazon vouchers that I need to use up by the end of the month and I'm running out of things to buy with them!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
When it comes to Kukhris, I'm very wary, to be honest. So much tat about.

That's not a pattern I've seen before but I've not studied them massively.

My gut says tat because of one of the reviewers also reviewing a cheapy knife as a good 'un so makes me question the truth behind the reviews. If you go ahead, I would do some sensible testing straight away and return it using distance selling regs if you're unsure.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm tempted to agree with Stewart.The pommel end of the tang in particular looks rough as the back end of the proverbial bear.
I bought a Sirupate Khukuri in TeeDee's group buy on here a while ago and for similar money to what you are spending the finish on mine is much much better.I am pretty sure that these are not supplied to the MOD.
However if you are looking for a workhorse heavy machete style blade this could be just fine and if you use it as a project for re-handling it could look the part too.
What the heck ; if you have the vouchers to get rid of just go for it.As has been said , if it is total carp you can use the distance-selling rules for a refund so could be worth a punt.
Cheers , Simon

When it comes to Kukhris, I'm very wary, to be honest. So much tat about.

That's not a pattern I've seen before but I've not studied them massively.

My gut says tat because of one of the reviewers also reviewing a cheapy knife as a good 'un so makes me question the truth behind the reviews. If you go ahead, I would do some sensible testing straight away and return it using distance selling regs if you're unsure.

Yeah, the quality of the reviews left made be doubt it a bit too. Do you know any more about the returns for it? What is the rules and regs for returning it if it has been used?

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yeah, the quality of the reviews left made be doubt it a bit too. Do you know any more about the returns for it? What is the rules and regs for returning it if it has been used?

If it's been used I doubt you can return.

I would look at a brass rod test, maybe even a little try with a file in a discreet place to get an idea of hardness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE