Kathmandu Trekking bespoke tarp and hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi All,

I'm having a bit of a kit purge before buying some new items in the new year...

First up is a Kathmandu Trekking tarp. It is a light-ish brown silnylon that fits in nicely with most woodland and has a nice warm feel under it. It is 3.75m x 3m and has been used over the two Kathmandu Trekking hammocks below.

It has some gunky seam sealer along the ridge that was applied way too thick that will need cleaning up but it is perfectly water tight and has no rips, tears or other defects.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It has some bombproof Woodlore cordage attached (6 guys and a ridge) but I asked them to make it all a bit longer so it has more flexibility when pitching. It also has, as you will notice, LOADS of attachment points. The tarp comes in a brown silnylon stuff sack.

I'm after £55 including RMSD in the UK

Please note that I will be able to post this on the 2nd of Jan but not sooner.

The hammocks I am selling are again Kathmandu Trekking and have a built-in pocket for a therm-a-rest. The idea being that you inflate the therm-a-rest hard and it affords you a more level sleep and stops the hammock rolling up on you at the sides. The mat doesn't slide around because the pocket is made to measure. It works well.

All straps and fittings required to use them are included as are two mossie nets that were part of a group buy here and then modified to include a full length zip to seal them up fully. The net is kept off the sleeper with some shock cord from which hangs a small keyring light.

The hammock and netting go away as one into a dry bag and the therm-a-rest has its own bag. As the tarp, they have seen some use but have been treated well and are in great shape. I don't know the weight or size but I am 5'10" and 15.5 stone and they have been bomb proof.

These are one-off hammocks (well, two-off!) and I'm not aware of Kathmandu making any more. They have been used under the tarp listed above side-by-side using three trees in a V shape or around two thick trees - it's a great way to hang for a night next to your other half. The straps are simple 1" webbing and I hang the hammocks exactly as per the eco sleep system knots.

But even if your trees collapse you still have a nice therm-a-rest to sleep on!

attachment.php

attachment.php

If someone buys both hammocks I will throw in an unused Therm-a-rest fitted sheet and therm-a-rest fitted summer blanket.

I'm after £80 each including RMSD in the UK, that's for Hammock, netting, therm-a-rest, all straps and stuff sack.

Again, postage from 2nd of January.

Thanks for looking,
Joe.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
1054g but if someone were the gram-nerd type, they could use light weight cordage and take a lot of that weight away. I like the woodlore stuff because it's so bomber.

Cheers,
Joe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE