just to introduce myself..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shibbyjay

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2004
Coventry
hi folks,

i found the website after doing a bit of a websearch for "bushcraft" (gotta love google!!)

my names jamie, i'm currently studying at Coventry University in a Degree in Disaster Management... a seriously cool degree btw (i graduate this year though..then its off into the "real world"! :cry: )

anyhoo, i'm sooo glad i've found this site as i'm frantically acquiring new "outdoor" skills before i go off to America for the summer -working as a "counselor" out on one of their fabled "Summer camps" for kids in the New Jersey area.

there are so many amazing resources on this site that i've been lapping up the info available over the last couple of days...

my mum thought i was acting a little strange when i semi-dismantled the tumble -dryer to get some dryer lint out the other day, but she was as impressed as i was when i finally managed to get a little fire going in the back garden using my fire steel! i even fed it with some twigs off of her prize fuschias (the fire, not the tumble-dryer!), and had it going a treat for a minute or so!! i'm so pleased with myself!:biggthump

i guess as i learn more i'll be able to contribute more to threads and so on, but in the mean time just thought i'd all let you know who i am and a bit about myself.

at the risk of being a bit cheeky (being its my first post an' all) i'd really like some advice on what equipment i might need for a couple of days hiking (self sufficiently) away from civilisation (about 5 days)... complete kit lists or a few "must have items" would be quite useful...

cheers guys

jamie

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
hi jamie and welcome. kit for a few days varies on your requirements,location and available resorces! drinking eating and sleeping are principal needs, limited to how much your prepared to carry :wink:

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Welcome Jamie! :-D

Tell us a little more about your trip, where, what time of year, etc and I'm sure you'll get lots of great tips on what to take. A knife is one obvious essential...

Enjoy the forum! :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE