Just Quick Report.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
Took my wife and pooch on a bit of a woodland walk yesterday, turned out to be a 10 miler taking in 3 different woods lol but that's not the tale I want to tell here...

As we set off in these beautiful woodlands filled with Oaks and Birches, (Im becoming a bit of a tree spotter) near Rutland with my Firebox stove which I recently treated myself to. I saw some long grasses that were dead and the tops bore cotton like fibres, I have no idea what they were and wish Id took a pic now. Anyway, I grabbed a handful for tinder later and also picked up some silver birch bark too having heard of the great tinder it can be.

So It was on our return journey that I pulled out the Firebox for its inaugural use and began the effort of making us both a brew. It was at this point I remembered the tinder I collected and decided to see if I could make the fire without my trusty cotton wool balls and to my amazement the tinder took the spark beautifully and in the process saved me a cotton ball lol.

I proceeded to build the fire in the Firebox which I cannot say enough good things about (except the price) and the fuel consumption was impressive with just a few twiggs used we both had a lovely cup of coffee (and some cheddars) to enjoy and rest with.

It doesn't sound advanced but I was well impressed with my Bushcraft 'skills' haha. Oh yeah I also found some King Alfred's cakes and promptly stuck some in my bag for drying out at home for later Bushcraft use :)

Overall great day out, tired legs with big smiles. So excited i thought Id share it with you all.

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
I did do a little video. Not great but may put a wry smile on some.

[video=youtube_share;lcGB_ml-iO0]https://youtu.be/lcGB_ml-iO0[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE