Jojk music now available

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
For those who were asking about the Sami singer on the swedish episode of Ray Mears Bushcraft programme Woodlore have mailshotted that they now have them available on their site....

BUSHCRAFT SURVIVAL - SWEDISH EPISODE

Many of you have asked who was singing in the recent Swedish program. Her name is Yana Mangi and
she has kindly sent over two of her music CD's (entitled "Free" and "Enjoyk" respectively) which
are now available for sale from our on line shop at http://www.raymears.com

Yana has written this message for you:

"My name is Yana Mangi and I live in Lapland, Northern Sweden. For me, Jojk is a calling that I
have received from my Samiska roots. The songs that are on the CD's Enyojk and Free are inspired
by our beautiful nature and the history and stories I have heard from my Mother. Many of the
songs I have hummed out in the forest while on moose hunts. Our hunting group is made up of
family members from the samivillage Tuolpukka, where I get my inner strength. With the knowledge
that my forefathers have walked the same paths around the village, it is easy for me to create
the jojk and melodies that I perform. On the CD 'Free':

Free is a song I wrote many years ago. Free is a song about life, and death. Larina is an old
traditional jojk that many sami artists perform with their own interpretation. Jojka, this song
came to me on a moose path near Huornanen. A song about jojk, dance, love and drums. Probably
the best life has to offer?

Till Renen is also and old traditional jojk which I performed for the first time when I was 8
years old. Till Renen is a favorite of mine and will follow me all of my life!

Haukivaara-Gaddberget - This is the mountain on which the Kiruna City is built upon. I think of
the workers who gave their lives to Kiruna and all of the people and destinies that created this
city that is Kiruna.

For the CD 'ENYOJK', there is a folder describing each song on the disc. I hope that you will
receive strength from these songs. These are songs created from the soul and if you let them,
thet will warm you soul as from Mother Earth. Pray for peace -- Yana"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE