JLT Bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jus_like_that

Forager
Apr 9, 2008
burton
www.jltknives.co.uk
New JLT bushcraft knife up for grabs. Still needs to go to the engravers yet, so I can offer a free personal engraving with this knife. The knife is high carbon 01 tool steel differentially HT to 58-59HRC.

Blade length - 110mm
Width - 30mm
blade thickness - 4mm
handle - 110mm
scales - Birds eye maple with red liners
fixings - 2 8mm brass pins and lanyard hole
Edge - Scandinavian zero grind - delivered SCARY SHARP!!!!!

Here's some pics!
04062010221.jpg

04062010223.jpg

04062010232.jpg

05062010236.jpg

Sheath included. shipping to uk and abroad included fully insured and tracked. Lifetime guarantee. £100 SOLD
Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for looking

ATB

Adam

Last edited:

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Yeah these last few have been some cracking knives! Certainly come a long way since that one meetthegeeks reviewed on BB a while back.

Might be worth looking into working on your photography of them though so that you can get some pics that really give these blades justice!

Alec

Jus_like_that

Forager
Apr 9, 2008
burton
www.jltknives.co.uk
yeah, I think you're right. I must invest in a better camera. Just glad to just about be making a living out of something I enjoy now, no more lorries or cars to bugger about with :D. I'd be grateful for any hints or tips on photography to make these ads more appealing.

ATB

Adam

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Maybe try a few shots outside in the natural light, should bring the colours out better if you can avoid the glare and shine.

Think about something to put your knives on like a log or a backdrop of some sort.

I reckon your camera is probably okay but you just need a bit more light in the frame

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Yes that should help! Does your camera have a macro/close up mode at all? Its sometimes worth playing around with that to see if you can get better focus. The good thing with digital cameras though is that you can take tons of pics, and then only have to choose the best.
I would think though that the backdrop would be better to be a fairly contrasting colour to the knife, so thats perhaps the only downside of a hide.
Just spend some time checking out other peoples knife photography and see what you like and think works well from some of those.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE