' Jerven Bag' from Arktis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Think its a special ops type work mat when you want to be sure you dont leave anything behind to give away the fact you were there. pull the cord and everything is gathered up + its waterproof to work on.

Edit: Mike beat me to it

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Right, confession time. I tracked down the seller, and bought one of these ten minutes after I saw this thread...

And now I've got it, I dont have clue what to do with it..:puppy_dog

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I made something very similar to that 'getway mat' using ripstop nylon. It was more an idea of having a large [ish] ground sheet/ picnic blanket I could grab a couple of cord and pull closed.

I remember seeing an old couple at an outdoor theatre once who laid down his picnic blanket and at the end of the show simply gathered all the corners slung it over his back and walked off - very quick to pack up :) everyone else was still faffing around putting things away into neat continers/ backpacks. Admittdley not very good if you still have a half full cup of tea sitting on the blanket but there you go.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Right, confession time. I tracked down the seller, and bought one of these ten minutes after I saw this thread...

And now I've got it, I dont have clue what to do with it..:puppy_dog

I thought the guy had had two of them. I believe it can be used as a tarp, poncho, sleeping bag/cover or just a warm blanket. I'm watching the other one I may have it at the end of the auction listing.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I thought the guy had had two of them. I believe it can be used as a tarp, poncho, sleeping bag/cover or just a warm blanket. I'm watching the other one I may have it at the end of the auction listing.

He said he had a few, but flogged em all within 48 hours. Apparently hes got 40 watchers....

nice enough guy to deal with/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE