I've got a new website.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Just had a quick ferret around the site on my iPad and it looks good to me. I don't know much about website design and engineering but I like your site: clean, easy to navigate and informative. Good luck!

Claudiasboris

Thanks mate :)

Ipad here too and is good looking site

Are you adding kits back in as I did not seem them listed (I may have missed it)

I omitted them as in the year i had my other site, i didn't have a single enquiry regarding blades or kits.

Thanks mate :)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
You can download GIMP for free instead of using Photoshop - if you can learn HTML5 in a day then learning to use a graphics programme shouldn't faze you.

Site looks good - nice and clean. The text on the front page reads a bit clumsily, IMHO, although as a spelling/grammar Nazi I was disappointed not to find any errors... ;)

Regarding image sizes, make sure that clicking on the image brings up a full size one

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Great looking site Mark. Everything seems to be working okay.

Cheers mate :)

You can download GIMP for free instead of using Photoshop - if you can learn HTML5 in a day then learning to use a graphics programme shouldn't faze you.

Site looks good - nice and clean. The text on the front page reads a bit clumsily, IMHO, although as a spelling/grammar Nazi I was disappointed not to find any errors... ;)

Regarding image sizes, make sure that clicking on the image brings up a full size one

Yeah a good rewording is in order, got loads of stuff thats going to be different from how it is now. Lots more text to add in.

The images in the knives section do enlarge if you click on 'em :)

GIMP? do you get a free suit with that.....:D I'll look into it mate,

The website wasnt done using codes and stuff, It was all a point and click malarky. Simple to do, Only took me so long as i was having an argument with the font editor on there, it kept changing fonts on me. The computer nearly got hit lol :)

Cheers mate :)

leon-1

Mark, GIMP is probably the best open source image editor, it stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program and I use it a lot for resizing of images and creating Gif's and the like.

You may want to get hold of a WYSIWYG style editor for working on the site. The likes of Nvu and Kompozer are good to work with, I believe there is a later version for windows based machines as well.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
www.gimp.org

It's powerful enough to do most things Photoshop can do and you can't argue about the price!

The Gimp is brilliant, but if you just need to resize, crop and save images IrfanView takes some beating (assuming it's for Windows) - it's also free, but much, much faster than The Gimp (both to learn and to use). I can load, crop, resize and save an image in IrfanView before The Gimp has finished loading. http://www.irfanview.com/ . No affiliation etc.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers for that Glenn, i'm on a Mac though.:)

The Gimp is brilliant, but if you just need to resize, crop and save images IrfanView takes some beating (assuming it's for Windows) - it's also free, but much, much faster than The Gimp (both to learn and to use). I can load, crop, resize and save an image in IrfanView before The Gimp has finished loading. http://www.irfanview.com/ . No affiliation etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE