Interesting reading; appropriate interesting reading :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
On the whole we try to encourage members to post things here, on BcUK, rather than just giving links that lead elsewhere on the web.
It encourages conversation, here, round this virtual campfire, and it makes things an awful lot easier/simpler for those on slower connections, etc.,

However, there are times when we come across sites with the kind of information that one reads, absorbs, and quietly files away in the old memory banks, which aren't suitable for cut and paste or the like.

There's a thread running just now about a suitable gift for a beekeeper, and it came to mind that I had wanted information on propolis (found a jar of the stuff at the back of the pantry :eek: ) so I had a search; and I found Stefan Bogdanov's site. It's called bee-hexagon.net (I'm presuming he's punning on being square ? ) Anyway, I've just been reading about beeswax, and it's clear and it's straightforward and it's full of detail, and worth a read. He lives in Switzerland and is a retired researcher at the Swiss bee research, apis, but seems to be still writing.

Useful stuff is beeswax, and an awful lot of us make use of it in a myriad different ways. He doesn't mention bushcraft at all, but that's okay, because we know that the wax is just one strand in the whole thing :)

I'm off to read his stuff on honey now (he sends you a link to get that, only the beeswax one seems to be read just as it is on the site) but am happy to recommend the chapters on wax :D

http://www.bee-hexagon.net

On that note, if anyone else has links to sort of relevant and interesting stuff like this, this thread could continue in that vein.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE