"Interesting" Campsite recommendation Yorkshire/Lakes wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Looking for recommendations for an "Interesting" (interpret as you will!) campsite that will interest the kids.

Looking for something out of the norm rather than the usual campsites.

Don't know if there is anything out there, but if there is, would like to hear from you

Cheers
Snozz

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Thanks - will bookmark it for next time we're down there, but a bit far for the weekend. Thanks for posting though

Snozz

R

roy1

Hi Snozz what about trying the National Trust campsites in the lake s particularly Low Wray or Langdale they are set in fanastic locations with activities for all the familly to get involved in.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
We went up to Langdale last weekend - the NT campsite was full by 7pm! We ended up 2 miles down the road at Chaple Stile. Nice campsite, and looks like they have a reed water filtration system thingy. Although some 40somethings in football tops thought the rest of the campsite wanted to listen to 80's music ...
Have bookmarked the previous suggestions, thanks. And the one at Goathland ... Larosa looks fabulous. Now, if my parents will have the kids for a night or 2 ...!

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
some 40somethings in football tops thought the rest of the campsite wanted to listen to 80's music ...

Damn those 40 somethings and their 80's music ...oh hang on a mo...that would be me...(but only in the privacy of my own home, car etc):eek:

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I can second Marthrown of Mabie!! Spent a few weekends there last year - great site!! We're booking the Long House for Hogmanay this year. The biking is excellent Chris, some of the runs are trouser filling though!!!!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
We went up to Langdale last weekend - the NT campsite was full by 7pm! We ended up 2 miles down the road at Chaple Stile. Nice campsite, and looks like they have a reed water filtration system thingy. Although some 40somethings in football tops thought the rest of the campsite wanted to listen to 80's music ...
QUOTE]

Yeah, bloody kids !.

Rob

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Not sure how to interpret interesting. But if you are in Wharfedale.
Mrs Masons farmhouse Camp site, on the banks of the river wharfe, in appletreewick is a nice peaceful place, on the banks of the river. [Ask for a spot next to the river]
Dont know how old your kids are. But theres a path adjacent to the river, and a couple of small wooded islands for them to explore, theres signal crayfish for them to find, and kingfishers to spot, and a rope swing. A good pub, about a mile and a halfs walk up the path, in burnsall. The red lion. Amazing views. Good walks. And if you have a fly rod, you can fish the stretch, as a camper.
Small but beautiful. Sunny weather reccomended. :D

I reckon there will be some good campsites along the River Ure, in Wensleydale as well. Bainbridge/Hawes end. Maybe with some historical interest. Old Roman Forts etc.

Amazing whats right on your doorstep!

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE