inflatable mats??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I have the gelert expedition in long and three quater sizes,can't recommend them highly enough.They are thick and lightweight also very warm when used in a hammock,I don't know about on the ground though as I gave that up a long time ago.

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
thanks for all the advice! I've ordered a gelert one as people that have them seem really positive about them. worth a try, if not ill go back to a normal roll mat and customise i think.
thanks again

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I had a thermo rest in the pas t and when I came to replace it bought a vango large basicaly on the price and I personly wouldn't go back to thermarest unless it dropped its price big time.
I picked mine up last year for less than 20 quid from gooutdoors .
bob

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
In an Everest programme the other night, I noticed one of the leaders had a 'Ridgerest' strapped to his pack. I use one and reckon they're pretty good, but am suprised that they would be considred OK for Everest.

Jim

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
In an Everest programme the other night, I noticed one of the leaders had a 'Ridgerest' strapped to his pack. I use one and reckon they're pretty good, but am suprised that they would be considred OK for Everest.

Jim

if it was one of the scouts team, then it may have been kit they allready had. at least one or two are quite into adventure racing, which seems to be the sort of market the ridgerest is aimed at (i.e. ultra-lightweight)

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
thanks for all the advice! I've ordered a gelert one as people that have them seem really positive about them. worth a try, if not ill go back to a normal roll mat and customise i think.
thanks again

I've taken the plunge too, for the price it looked great, and I really want to get enough kit together to have a hammock camping Moot :cool:

Thanks for the thread! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE