inflatable mats??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
has anyone seen/tried/own, one of the gelert xtreme light matrress'? been looking at the light weight thermarest ones, but as great as they are i dont really want to spend that much on something that will probebly get beer etc, spilt on it all the time and will have to be replaced in a year or so. this one seems like a good option as its to go inside a hammock and its quite a bit cheaper, but anyone's opinions would be much appreciated.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
You mean this one? http://www.campmania.co.uk/Item--0-..._Xtreme_Lite_3_4_Self_Inflating_Mattress.aspx

I can't be of any help, but will be keeping a close eye on this thread. I'm trying to get a whole hommock rig together for me and my son before the moot, and have recently had some rather bad financial news, so am on a tight budget! at that price though, as long as it's not likely to pack up on me within a couple of weeks, I'm happy! :cool:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The Vango self inflating mattress comes in at around £20-£25 and is very good and robust. Use one a fair bit / sometimes along with an old sheepskin rug my mate Belzebob got for my mutt for a £5. When the mutt allows me...
Goatboy

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
looks ok going by the blurb.

Why would you get anything spilt on it if it's for a hammock?

Mind you spills would only stain and not affect the product itself.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not sure that I would spend a load on a couple of nights mattressing, I've just come back from a weekend camping. It was the first time I decided to make it a little comfier than sleeping on the ground. I spent ages online researching, then went to the local camping shop, only for the bloke to recommend a Tesco lilo at £1.97!!!!! I got one and it was great, didn't go down, and I'm keeping it for the next one. Sometimes things just work out.

Now, I haven't got my hammock yet and done England camping, but I'm convinced they're the best way to sleep. I've had many accidental long and comfortable sleeps in them when travelling, and......well they just work.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Hiya!
I am the proud owner of one of these mats, I say proud because after I got one for myself, SWMBO nicked it and I had to buy another one, but then again I am not really an owner any more because my eldest son then took a liking to the new one and he nicked THAT one!

I can say that all three of us recommend this mat as being both reliable and comfortable, though my recommendation is based on distant memory

GRRRRRR!

It's a good mat, for the money it's a GREAT mat!

:nutkick:

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
brilliant, ill have a look at the vango too, in response to Barn owl, i often end up using them to sleep out by a fire on and fires genrally include beer and cider, leading to spilage of drinks (im my case anyway), and a beer smelling roll mat. good to know that someone has used and liked it even if it was in the distant past. :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
brilliant, ill have a look at the vango too, in response to Barn owl, i often end up using them to sleep out by a fire on and fires genrally include beer and cider, leading to spilage of drinks (im my case anyway), and a beer smelling roll mat. good to know that someone has used and liked it even if it was in the distant past. :)

I can think of worse aromas,include the woodsmoke and hmmm,heaven.;)

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
fair point, woodsmoke does add a certain je ne sais quoi. although woodsmoke alone would probebly be better, perhaps its a baby bottle or bib thats needed here :(

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
fair point, woodsmoke does add a certain je ne sais quoi. although woodsmoke alone would probebly be better, perhaps its a baby bottle or bib thats needed here :(

My girls have already bought me an adult bib with a bullseye target.:eek:

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
I have a Gelert standard and Vango standard. They're both fine. I don't see any reason to but the expensive makes (Thermarest)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
This looks very like another take on the Thermarest NeoAir. I've got the NeoAir and it is very good indeed: full length, tiny pack size, very light. It does take a little practice to get it set up really comfortably and, when arranged, does feel a little like sleeping on a water bed but, that said, it is a great deal more comfortable that just a closed cell foam mat. In winter or very chilly conditions, a combination of the NeoAir and a foam mat is perfect - warm AND comfortable. So you might find that the offering from Heinnie is a good call. It is a bit small though...

I've been looking at these, They look as if they pack up really small & a good range.

Anyone have?

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?s=tjdee31683981&strParents=&CAT_ID=595&P_ID=4068

Calc

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Endicotts in Exeter have recently had a delivery of inflatable mats. I bought one for my daughter and she said it was great. Pricing was around the £30 mark, although best to check with Kevin. The mat comes with its own 'stuff' sack and a repair kit just in case. Very tasteful olive/brown colour and seems good value for money.

Hope this helps

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE