I'm off to Ghana for 2 years

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Hi,
I'm off to Ghana for a couple of years with my family for work. Anyone got any suggestions for bushcraft type reading material. I lived in tanzania as a boy for 4 years ( very ''my life and other animals'') and can't wait to get back to Africa.

Regards

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Hi,
suggestions for bushcraft type reading material. I lived in tanzania as a boy for 4 years ( very ''my life and other animals'') and can't wait to get back to Africa.

Regards

Isn't that "My Family and other animals" :D Hope you have a great time and manage to post some adventures along the way.
P.S. Gerald Durrell's book was the starting point for my interest in Greece and my subsequent trekking and camping trips there, before living in Crete for several years.
Jealous...Yeah just a bit!
ATB Fraxinus:)

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
I'm soooo envious of you. I've never been to Africa and always wanted to go -- and Ghana would be one of my top destinations.

Post pictures... many, many pictures...

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
1. yes, you are right,it was my family, not my life.
2. I certainly intend to improve on my bushcraft skills and keep the BushcraftUK community up to speed on my adventures.

My daughters and I can't wait.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi,
I'm off to Ghana for a couple of years with my family for work. Anyone got any suggestions for bushcraft type reading material. I lived in tanzania as a boy for 4 years ( very ''my life and other animals'') and can't wait to get back to Africa.

Regards

I have a tracking book called ''Signs of the Wild, A Field Guide to the Spoor and Signs of the Mammals of Southern Africa, by Clive Walker'', the tracks and spoor of each mammal illustrated mostly in actual size where size permits. Paperback, it is used with wear and grubby externally to covers/thumbing to fore-edge though pages mostly clean internally. Your's for a fiver which includes postage. Also, have a great time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE