I feel the need to complain...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
When it arrived, I measured it as it instantly appeared too small. Instead of the advertised 145cm, the garment only measured 125cm a full 200mm or 8 inches in old money, short. As this is obviously not going to fit, I packed it up and returned it.

It would seem the customer went from the sizing chart but the measurements were not as stated. Misrepresentation?

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
I have recently dealt with scot's country. Bought a ridgeline jacket, and it was too big for me (I did read on their website that ridgeline's measurements are not accurate, so I knew I was taking a gamble with the size) . I returned it, and they sent another one out. On both occasions it was next day delivery. I did not want my postage refunded, as I just take that as part of online shopping and to be honest cannot be bothered chasing such matters.

In the 1 experience I've had with this company, I've been more than impressed by the quality of service and delivery.

I hope you chaps get this resolved

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

Paragraph 3.42
We are conscious of concerns about reselling items which may raise concerns about hygiene. However, the DSRs do not link cancellation rights with a supplier’s ability to resell items as new

Paragraph 3.44
What constitutes reasonable care depends on a number of things. It may be reasonable for the supplier to stipulate what they consider to be reasonable care, such as not removing hygiene seals on garments or only trying out shoes indoors. But these stipulations cannot restrict a consumer’s reasonable opportunity to inspect and assess the
product. Consumers have the right to cancel even if they fail to take reasonable care of the goods; however the DSRs do give suppliers a right of action against consumers for breach of the statutory duty to take reasonable care.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
oosh, customer has no animals, and you say the fleece LINING had hair all over it. hell ive got two hairy cats and none of my fleece lined clothes have ever had hair all over the lining....... someones telling porkys here

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Instead of the advertised 145cm, the garment only measured 125cm a full 200mm or 8 inches in old money, short. As this is obviously not going to fit, I packed it up and returned it................

and the garment wasn't fully removed from its original packaging having being found to be obviously and visibly too small to even bother with trying on.

How did you measure it, without taking it out of the packet?

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
What with all the animal hair and the suggestion of having the garment properly cleaned this strikes me as a case of 'airing dirty laundry' in public!
:surrender::swordfigh

:pokenest:Juttle, you don't get memory loss and wake up in strange places around the time of the full moon do you? :puppy_dog

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Does that go along with discovering all my shirts are split down the back and the front door is covered in claw marks? Full moon tonight, I believe!

Mark, as the shirt was visibly too small, I pulled enough of it out of the wrapping to get a tape across it and then returned it from whence it came.

I've resolved the whole thing now, anyway. having discovered all the hoops that I was required to jump through courtesy of the OFT, I've given the thing away to a keeper friend of mine who is a normal 42" chest, and it fits him fine!

Thanks for all your input, guys, but I'd rather give the shirt away rather than spend what remains of my existence pirouetting elegantly through assorted hoops while avoiding all the smoke and mirrors!

Have a good Christmas, everybody!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft698.pdf

Paragraph 3.42
We are conscious of concerns about reselling items which may raise concerns about hygiene. However, the DSRs do not link cancellation rights with a supplier’s ability to resell items as new

Paragraph 3.44
What constitutes reasonable care depends on a number of things. It may be reasonable for the supplier to stipulate what they consider to be reasonable care, such as not removing hygiene seals on garments or only trying out shoes indoors. But these stipulations cannot restrict a consumer’s reasonable opportunity to inspect and assess the
product. Consumers have the right to cancel even if they fail to take reasonable care of the goods; however the DSRs do give suppliers a right of action against consumers for breach of the statutory duty to take reasonable care.

That is very interesting to hear

I've only had to ever return one item myself and it was a damaged jacket - the company (military1st) handled it impecably, very apologetic regardless of the fact they couldn't possibly have known as it was bundled up by the manufacturers with the damage sleeve hidden inside.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE