Howdy from Austin, TX

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
Howdy,
Came this way by searching on how to make oil cloth.

My Dad's Dad was moved from Alabama to just south of Coahoma, Texas way back when. His job every day was to start a lister engine powered water pump so water could be pumped about 15 miles to where they were drilling for oil. The water pump station nestled up against the Powell ranch.

Dad's boyhood friend was R. L. Powell, Mr. Powell's son. Dad Cowboyed for Mr. Powell with RL several years.

This is before most homes had electricity.

Years later, Dad hired me out to RL to Cowboy for him two different summers. I learned a lot.

The part of Texas I grew up in wasn't settled until the 1890's. And at that point there still were a few small renegade bands of Apaches or Comanches to worry about. By 1900 - they were gone.

Currently I'm a senior computer Nerd. I have been a hospital and combat medic, a Fire Fighter/EMT/Rescue, and a Deputy Constable. The Deputy part was as an unpaid reserve, the rest I was paid.

I have knowledge and skills and I do share.

I had a friend for a while who was very much into re-enacting Mountain Man/Buckskinning. He had me interested and invited me over for a BBQ and to meet the gang. He didn't tell me about his dog Wolf. He just said, when you get there come on to the back yard.

So I did, Wolf came charging over to protect the guys, I knelt down and started talking. Wolf stopped his charge, cocked his head, and licked my hand when I offered it. Then the had both paws on my shoulders licking me.

Bob said, "Wolf ain't never done that, he's greeting you like a long lost brother."

So the group gave me WolfsBrother as a handle and shortened it to WolfBrother by the time we went home.

WolfBrother

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE