Hot watre and melting snow all at the same time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Just so long as it's a kettle with a spout to act as a vent it looks cool but I think if anybody tried it with a small billy you might create a steam build up leading to catastrophic results, especially if used inside your shelter!

Nice when a solution so workable presents itself to you like that....happened to me when the drive pully collapsed on my grinder last month and I just happened to have two obscure bolts in my van from something else that fitted perfectly :)

Thanks for sharing that :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Wouldnt like to carry the fuel to do it on meths but over an open fire it might work. id like to see a mesh insert to stop sudden fall of snow into kettle. it would be fiddly though unless on a large scale and it wont filter the crud as set up

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Interesting stuff Pete. Certainly wasteful of fuel like, but its maybe got a place in the armory. I reckon a plastic Nalgene is worth trying too.

I can't help thinking though that if I want a small amount of water quick and the flask was empty for some reason, I'd just melt a small amount of snow and then top up.

Maybe putting some coffee grounds in the kettle would make an autofeed coffee machine? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE