Holiday hammock help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Hi All

I'm no stranger to camping with a hammock - i've got my DD set up and love it, but i'm off soon for a little holiday to Thailand and i'd love to take an ultra lightweight hammock with me for hanging out (not sleeping in). Just wondered if anyone could suggest something suitable, comfortable for a days swinging here and there, will hold 90kg and will allow me to perhaps take a light weight system for tying it off.

I know this isnt really Bushcraft, ok its not Bushcraft at all:nono:, but i would love any suggestions.

Ta

Ben

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
From research I'd say a nice balance between price and size would be the GT Ultralight. Bit bigger and more reasonably priced than the Nano7. Exchange stock suspension with whoopieslings and it's a small flexible package.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
if you are going to thailand... buy one there!!! they are for sale EVERYWHERE! and if you plan to use it there... then buy it there! help the locals out by buying something made by them and youll also have an amazing memory that you can take home!

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like a bit of research to be done - and i'll definitely consider the 'buying local' option.....except they'll probably be made in China ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE