Hobo line

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Hi all,
As i was snowed and rained off from work today.
I thought i would make a hobo hand line ,that was inspired by another thread
that i saw about bottle top containers.
Here's a few of pictures.
scalehoboline.jpg
hoboline.jpg
insidehoboline.jpg

Think i will add a lanyard of some sort.

Last edited:

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Not tested it yet,would like to add a few more things.
Like a lanyard and some lures off some sort.
Need to have a look in the tackle shop for some small lures.
I live opposite a river so might just test it out over the weekend.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Handline fishing in the states seems to be really quite popular from all the videos I've seen. Had a look at 'pen rods' too, which are really kind of neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLl1AmqNjc

I wish I knew the reason you have to have a rod to fish. Seems silly really - especially considering there must be a loophole with crab, etc because they're openly fished with hand lines.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Handline fishing in the states seems to be really quite popular from all the videos I've seen. Had a look at 'pen rods' too, which are really kind of neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLl1AmqNjc

I wish I knew the reason you have to have a rod to fish. Seems silly really - especially considering there must be a loophole with crab, etc because they're openly fished with hand lines.

I believe it is because it is too easy to avoid the people checking you have a licence

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
What is the definition of a 'rod' is there a minimum length or does it have to have guide rings for instance?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE