Hip flask recipes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Firstly hi folks, just joined after lurking for ages. I,ve a wee collection of flasks and love a dram,and was wondering what recipes you may have tried.The latest i tried was whisky and ginger wine, nice nip.Whisky and brambles,whisky green ginger, rusty nails, etc.Brandy and port is presently my favourite . cheers FIL

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Graham_S said:
take one hip flask, add single malt whisky.
then add some more whisky.
repeat 'till full. then drink :D

quite right!

no sense in 'poisoning' a perfectly good (malt) whisky, as my old man would say.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I'm not much of a whisky drinker :yikes:

But am often found with either sloe gin or port in my hip flask

Although I'm tempted to try a few whiskys again now my taste buds have "matured" a little :lmao:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
currently in my hip flask is "cock o' the north"
it's similar to drambuie but it's made of single malt, blaeberry, and a secret ingredient.
very nice. i'll have it with me at the new year northern meet.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Normaly i fill mine with Navy Rum , but since the october Dartmoor meet i could be persuaded (quite easily!) to fill it with Whiskey Mead liquor from here
Good stuff !!
Pumbaa

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
lagavulin or lagavulin, possibly even a drop of lagavulin. if the pennies are scarce maybe even some lagavulin.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Lephraoig for me - the MOST beautiful whisky known to man (and some hairy scottish women as well...)

pumbaa said:
Normaly i fill mine with Navy Rum , but since the october Dartmoor meet i could be persuaded (quite easily!) to fill it with Whiskey Mead liquor from here
Good stuff !!
Pumbaa
That whisky Mead is such a good choice. I took some with me to Whitby in the spring a couple of years ago and once people found out what was in my hip flask I struggled to keep any for myself. After going to a hammerin in kent where Trond Pedersen had some Aqua Vit, I'm seriously trying to get hold of some of that as a winter treat for myself, seriously nice stuff, the flavour hits your tounge, the whole thing bypasses your throat and hits your stomach with a very pleasant warming sensation :D

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Wayland said:
For me its a drop of Stags Breath.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *I have few memories after swigging from a hip flask or two of that stuff*

I have Jamesons in mine, good and warming after preparing rabbit skins in subzero weather ;)

Greywolf

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
As has been said before, nowt wrong woth a decent drop of whisky.
The other week i tried some jelly baby gin (don't hurt me yet) the guy who made it said you need to drain (preferably into yourself) a quarter of a bottle then add a bag of jelly babys and leave for 8-10 months untill they have dissoleved.
Honestly its not to bad its a lot fruityer and sweeter than sloe gin but just a pleasent.

Mark

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
I usually go for a single malt & after years of trying I haven’t found one I don’t like
But some are better than others. My other half likes Drambuie - also good stuff.
Southern comfort is not for me

Hip flasks are great when walking.
Anyone else like Mulled Wine sitting by a fire

Used to work in a factory making hip flasks. One year there was a health scare about the contents picking up lead from solder.
While the solder has mostly changed to lead free. The advise at the time was not to leave spirits in the flask for weeks on end for this to happen, but to empty the flask after/during each trip & refill the next time.

Even more important use a funnel to fill it so you don’t spill any

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE