Hi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swash

Jan 7, 2012
County Durham
Hi Everyone Im Jon, Im completely new to anything like this. Ive always been interested in the idea of being outside but never had time to get into it. however a new Job and free time have giving me a chance to get going.
Im from County Durham, are there any local groups?
Ok time to get off and started I think.
Any tips on where to start?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
As for a starting point, my advice is have a good read of the stickies at the start of each sub-forum, you'll learn alot. Get your self a book or two, Ray Mears 'Essential Bushcraft' and Mors Kochanski 'Bushcraft' are two of the best IMO. Go for a walk in your local woods and see which trees you can indentify, carve a spoon, make a fire (in your garden to start with). Then just watch all your available space fill with gear and your bank balance drain :D.
Have fun

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
alreet marra ? if you check under the england north threads you will find some meets near you, also there are a few lads from your way on here too !
if you start up a thread under england north im sure you would get a canny few replies !

cheers
andrew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE