hexi stoves and spare fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
still got these for swaps i have got lots and lots of the fuel and stoves.so if you wanted to swap for large items and need plenty of fuel ect then try me!

Never had the need for hexi stove or fuel but I thought I might give it a go sometime just for a laugh. If I took a stove, how much fuel would last me say a month of camp cooking for one person? And how much have you got? Does it have a shelf life?

What do you want? I'm a bit of a hoarder and I tend not to want to let go of most stuff, but I have a quantity of plumbing fittings that I could swap for things and I could fabricate things for you out of odd bits of steel if you didn't mind them looking more gormless than Gormley. :)

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
Never had the need for hexi stove or fuel but I thought I might give it a go sometime just for a laugh. If I took a stove, how much fuel would last me say a month of camp cooking for one person? And how much have you got? Does it have a shelf life?

What do you want? I'm a bit of a hoarder and I tend not to want to let go of most stuff, but I have a quantity of plumbing fittings that I could swap for things and I could fabricate things for you out of odd bits of steel if you didn't mind them looking more gormless than Gormley. :)

as the title suggests i am open to strange offers! as i dont have anything particular in mind. with ref to the quantity of how much would you need. well if i am honest, its a bit of an open ended question. in so much that it really depends on the type of cooking you intend on doing!!
but if i was to say one pack of fuel (breaks into eight blocks) and is normally issued to match up with a 24 ration pack(full blooded version)but thats a lot of brews and food in one day!!so really does depend on your syle of cooking and conditions ect.
most people like to carry them as emergency stoves aswell as they pack down to next to nothing and its the fuel that weighs you down.(dont forget you can use the stove with other fuels ie, meths burner ect use the stove as pot stand.)
i have got around a hundred stoves or so and around a thousand or so of spare fuel! re going off not to my knowledge they come in sealed cardboard boxes with wax around them
Each full fuel pack of 8 large tablets measures
97mm long x 92mm wide x 27mm deep,
made to fit inside a folded military stove.

Each tablet will boil a 300ml mug of cold water in around
four and a half minutes, and continue to burn for up to
12 minutes, depending on conditions.

please note this is not me testing them but a quote of another reputable seller!!
hope that makes sense to you!

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Or a small lean-to greenhouse, or a Parker-Cowan (I think) enclosed solid fuel fire to fit an open fireplace, or a Raleigh racing bike (25" frame), or some lawn-edging shears, or a gas bottle, or ... should I see what other stuff I need to clear out of the shed?

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I have a choice of over 100 novels I have been trying to get rid of, I know it's not bushy, but you might want something to read whilst cooking yourself up a brew.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE