Heres my shed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
ive mentioned it a few times but finally heres pics of my shed. Back when it was built our house was a 3 floor weaving factory with no internal walls just big open spaces for the wool hand looms. When the trade was all mechanised and moved into mills the lower two floors were converted to accomodation and the top floor left empty. Back before it was listed grade 2 some one tried to convert the top floor into a studio by putting up plaster boarding and studding out the walls. Most of this had been bodged and had collapsed so we pretty much had to have it completely redone, but properly this time.

Our last house was a normal end terrace and id used a bedroom as my workshop but where ever I was the rest of the family would hang out so I thought I would formalise things by making my shed (well it was a weaving shed to use the correct term) suitable for 3 growing lads who like making stuff, a wife who is a honoury lad and myself.

It's not finished yet, we need more storage, theres a big pile of stuff to ebay or carboot and I quite fancy a old school tailors table, the sort you can sit on. lkaso theres cracks to fill from when they took all the slates off and refelted etc. before putting them back on.

Due to the inlaws visiting theres hardly any on the go projects visable but things will soon get back to normal.

Shed01_zps07690d49.jpg

main work area.

Shed02_zps94fcfcad.jpg

Main sewing and dossing area.

Shed03_zps054b2611.jpg

Looking towards wet area and tea point.

Shed04_zps0a97d24a.jpg

Looking towards the lads area and where the wife has her comp gear and craft stuff. All the stuff in boxes at the front is to be ebayed or for the low end stuff carbooted. behind that is my collection of post war miltaria waiting some proper storage, a couiple of spinning wheels, vast amounts of materials also waiting proper storage and alsorts. i freely admit its a disgrace.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looks great to me Tom - if you need more space though, feel free to pack up a large selection of your old tools and courier them to my barn :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! Red, I suppose they would actually get used if I did send them on. You can't see the big black pattern makers chest that's behind the chairs in the first pic, that's so overflowing you can't get the lid half way down. I've not forgotten the two pairs of tinsnips, just looking for some at least as good as my own.

Behind the boxes of to eBay crud is a M1919A4 on tripod, 2 Brens, 2 Besas, a Aussie L2A1, 2" OML, M20 3.5" RL and. Bren tripod. I need. Better way of displaying them off the floor. The pickled eggs have another month to mature, the middle son sits there staring at them most days, "are they ready yet?" You'd think we never fed the little porker!

atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers folks, I must admit I love my shed to bits.

Herself got me the Sjomberg workbench and pretty much filled it with Makitas finest so she must approve of my dabbling. It means she can find me when she wants something cooking I suppose, I do tend to wander off when I'm not making stuff!

Since I've not done any for years I'm making this batch of pickled eggs with straight Sarson's pickling vinegar, ill get more experimental if these turn out edible. I broke the huge jar I bought especial so ended up using the Sarson's ones the vinegar came in.

i'm already down a 1940 Mk I Double Dovetail, a Mk Im and a L4A3 from when I decided to down size the collection ( at one point I hit 22 LMGs or mediums and it was just silly) so I'm intending to keep my last three Brens although I'd swap the Daimler Mk II for a post war FTR Mk 2/1. All glorified paper weights of course.

ATB

Tom

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Cheers! Red, I suppose they would actually get used if I did send them on. You can't see the big black pattern makers chest that's behind the chairs in the first pic, that's so overflowing you can't get the lid half way down. I've not forgotten the two pairs of tinsnips, just looking for some at least as good as my own.

atb

Tom

Don't worry about the tinsnips Tome - they aren't important :)

I'll settle for contents of the trunk :D

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The damn thing nearly killed me! I was working at the time but had a day off so went on the bus to Burnley flea market, back when it was really good, and fell in love with it. It cost me £200 but was worth far more. It also weighed more than I did. I'm quite a hefty bloke and I could just lift it and walk say 9 or ten steps with it. A taxi home would have cost a tenner or so but it actually never entered my head until just now. It took me over a hour to get as far as the bus station and I was crippled for days. But it was worth it. I still need to finish restoring the 2 planes that were in it and sharpen the goose neck I Sorby in canal gouges but the rest is I use.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks for the kind words! Those de-ac's ill be keeping as they are examples of what various relations have carried. I'd love a Great War era SMLE but good ones are getting pricey, and a Victory model Smith And Wesson. The one my Dad was bringing home from Malaya went over the side at Southampton just as Customs and Excise and the MPs were coming up the gang plank on the other!

ATB

TOM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE