Help picking an enzo kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tasum

Forager
Mar 3, 2011
Leeds, UK
Hi there

Thinking of an enzo knife kit. Looking at the brisa website they appear to have protruding screws on the handles.

Is this just to demonstrate the fit together or do they stand proud of the handles? Is there a different version with flush screws?

Thanks for your help.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They all get sanded down flush to the scales, I didn't look but it must be for demonstrative purposes.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Hi tasum.... I fancy making one of those myself.... Been looking around and its the 'enzo trapper' you want. In 01 steel Its about £60 with micarta slabs or £70 in D2 with a nice piece of curly birch... you can get one here: http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Enzo-Knives/c-13-92-756/

Jonnythefox has just made a lovely one mate, The screws sand down as you shape the handle,
Have a look at this: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70278 I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any questions.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
just looked at the brisa site... and no, the screws shouldnt look like that!!! They must have just popped them together for the photos mate.

Looking at the prices and the exchange rate, you might as well get them from hennie.... order it tonight and it'll be dropping onto your door mat saturday morning! :D

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
the scales can be sanded down with a linisher or cut off with a hacksaw.

i have a basic kit somwhere about, have been meaning to handle it. i bought the basic kit because i would prefer to have the scales a little closer to the edge than on the factory models.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Hi tasum.... I fancy making one of those myself.... Been looking around and its the 'enzo trapper' you want. In 01 steel Its about £60 with micarta slabs or £70 in D2 with a nice piece of curly birch... you can get one here: http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Enzo-Knives/c-13-92-756/

Jonnythefox has just made a lovely one mate, The screws sand down as you shape the handle,
Have a look at this: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70278 I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any questions.

i put up a video that shows it being done as well
dont cut the bolts to close,then sand it down

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I'd happily recommend any of the Trapper kits with the split bolster (for full tang blades). They're a little more work in terms of filing and sanding, but the balance is perfect for me. I opted for Scandi grind on AUS-8 (stainless) with stainless bolster plates, Grenadil scales and red liners.

I ordered directly from Dennis at Brisa and the service and speed of shipping was impeccable. You will not be disappointed with any of his products IMHO.

.......Just a happy customer :)

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I made a trapper last year (my first ever effort at handling a knife). I love it to bits, and it's a very capable tool.

Which one to get is very personal, but if you go for a Scandi grind, then I would suggest going with O1 steel rather than D2. In my experience, the D2 version seems quite prone to chipping. Several other people over on BB have said similar things.

In an effort to cure the chipping, I got a secondary bevel put on mine by a certain Longstrider, and now it's wonderful - and extremely sharp!

Have fun with it!

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
as for Brisa's service i can say the shipping is brilliant, usualy around 5 working days, i order blades from them on a regular basis, great customer service.

i have no affiliation with brisa, just a loyal customer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE