"Help for Heroes" - Charity Auction #3A - Bushcraft Pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In aid of the charity "Help for Heroes" - which aims to care for wounded service personnel, John Fenna (fellow member of the facially hirsute and handsome club) has made a very kind offer. One full set of his Welsh "Dragonskin" leather pouches.

He tells me they aren't real dragonskin, but, the ones containing my stove and brew kit appear to match up to a bald patch in Smaugs waistcoat - you decide!

John makes great pouches - I know - theres two in my pack right now!

BUSHCRAFTERPOUCHES-1.jpg

You get to pick a set from whatever John has available as the auction ends - you won't be sorry!

Here, on this auction, for a fantastic charity, you get to bid.

The money goes to charity - the details of the cause are here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26445

Bids should be registered on this thread and start at...£1.

Bids close at 23:59 on 24/12/07 (one month from today). Money should be paid here

http://www.justgiving.com/H4H

If you would like to know more about the cause "Help for Heroes" - please look here

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/index.html

If you would like to help, please consider one of the following options:

1) Bid on this item
2) Just make a donation on the links above - anything - that cup of coffee you are about to buy at work would be more than enough
3) If you feel as I do, perhaps you would consider auctioning something yourself. Your time, an item, a surplus thing in your "glory hole", something you have made, a guided walk - whatever you can spare.
4)Shake the hand of a service man or woman and just say "thank you - I am proud to have met you"

Thank you for taking time to read this thread

Red

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Something seems to have gone wrong with the numbering of the auction bits and both this one and Waylands Photo Auction have the same number - can anyone sort this out?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you drop Toddy or Leon-1 a pm I'm sure they will

In retrospect I think numbering was a silly idea of mine :eek:

Thanks to both John, Dingo and all the others :)

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've changed it to 3A, but if I can trace all of the threads I'll maybe just give it another, later, number.
This auction idea really needs it's own mini forum I think.

You all :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :D

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
This auction idea really needs it's own mini forum I think.

cheers,
Toddy

It has got a bit "out of hand" huh :eek: ? Indeed theres one or two things going to happen next year just because we didn't want to "overwhelm".

I have to say this community really is that - a proper community. I was in a very dark place when I read the original story. John and all the guys and girls have really shown me that the world is, in reality, full of kind and generous spirits and its only the odd numpty that makes the press - not all the gentle caring people.

Thanks to you all

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not so much out of hand, just trying to find all the posts is a bittie confusing.
Maybe a "Close to Heart" sort of idea. I don't mean soppy puppies but the quiet, "this needs a little help" type thing.

atb,
Mary

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
How about a sub forum called something like (in best Smashie and Nicey voice) 'It's all for charity mate'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE