Hello from Cymru!! :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MickeyW

Nov 19, 2014
South Wales
Hi all,

Very new to this stuff. I have been on about getting in to bushcraft for years but never committed to it. Had a recent big birthday (did someone say 21st??...yes that's right....:27: ) and have some money that the better half is allowing me to spend in what ever way i see fit...so here i go!

Already had a good look through the starter kit threads and they have been very helpful!
Looking forward to becoming part of the community and learning what you guys have to offer!

Cheers,

Mickey W

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Welcome Mickey, pick the collective brain before you commit to any purchases, everyone is very helpful.

rorymax

MickeyW

Nov 19, 2014
South Wales
Thanks very much!

As for picking the collaborative brain before buying kit...i may have already dropped my first boo-boo there! You see money burns a hole in my pocket and once i get an idea in my head i am away with the fairies!
That said, i have so far only committed to a knife, a folding saw, some paracord and a basha (with a bag to put it all in of course! So far the bill is at £70 so after a firesteel i will be stopping there for a while. I was going to get a billy can but a flask will do for now :) As i understand from everyone's advice on the forum that should be enough to get started shouldn't it?
I dont intend on doing any overnight trips for a while both down to the weather and the skills (or lack thereof). Will learn what i need to while i can still see i think.

Thanks again folks! :You_Rock_

Mickey

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE