Hello everyone! Dan from Kent here :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dd786

Nov 22, 2011
kent
Hi guys
Found this website, really pleased that it was mainly UK.
Im based in the Medway Towns in Kent myself.
Cant say im a bushcrafter unfortunatly. Never done a proper wild camp before other than some stuff organised with school years ago and some stuff when i was younger in my cousins back garden (more like fields) in scotland but that was hardly wild! lol
Anyway, iv watched prettymuch every single episode of ray mears' programs. More like studied them! I find these skills so impressive and always wanted to do stuff like that. Never had anyone to do it with though...

any way, im rambling now, just thought id say Hello :)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Hiya, Dan :) Get along to the local meets, they're informal, fun, a great opportunity to swap ideas and kit... or get mildly tiddly with like-mindeds round a camp fire ;) I'd only hammocked at festies and on ma own, never even heard of bushcraft... but I warn ya, it's infectious- the bug WILL bite and you, my dear, will be as hooked as the rest of us!!

dd786

Nov 22, 2011
kent
Such a warm welcome :) thank you all very much!
Thanks Spandit, that would be really cool. I will look it up.
Paul, hello neighbour! Im based in the lovely Chatham. Yes it's nice to know there are others near me, that is very cool.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Such a warm welcome :) thank you all very much!
Thanks Spandit, that would be really cool. I will look it up.
Paul, hello neighbour! Im based in the lovely Chatham. Yes it's nice to know there are others near me, that is very cool.

I used to work in lovely Chatham, Capstones quite nice for a wander round. Theres another member on here from Rochester cant remember his name at the moment though. Might have to meet up one day for a roam in the woods somewhere. :)

In the meantime enjoy the forum, theres a wealth of knowledge on here and everyones really helpful, dont be afraid to ask questions. :D

Last edited:

dd786

Nov 22, 2011
kent
Thanks Paul, yeah everyone round here seems real friendly :)

And totally up for a meet up and wonder. Round of post wonder beers on me!

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Thanks Paul, yeah everyone round here seems real friendly :)

And totally up for a meet up and wonder. Round of post wonder beers on me!

Sounds good to me, havent got much spare time at the moment but will try to sort something out soon. Did you have anywhere in mind? Theres some nice woods in bredhurst, just up the road from me, cant have fires though as its patrolled by police on scramblers (as I found out whilst having a fire to make a brew), think theyre trying to stop people using it for quad biking and dumping.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
"There's another member on here from Rochester cant remember his name "
That will be me then lol,welcome to the forum.
Plenty of place's in our area cuxton and coham woods are always good for a wander.
There is always the bushcraft magazine that do great courses and have an anual may day meet whitch is a great weekend(long way off tho).
But keep it in mind Their based in Egerton.
ATB Andy.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
"There's another member on here from Rochester cant remember his name "
That will be me then lol,welcome to the forum.
Plenty of place's in our area cuxton and coham woods are always good for a wander.
There is always the bushcraft magazine that do great courses and have an anual may day meet whitch is a great weekend(long way off tho).
But keep it in mind Their based in Egerton.
ATB Andy.

That would be you, sorry mate, my memory is getting worse! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi they have a couple of meets in ashford in kent and they do learning skills days as well good bunch of folk have a word with bardster on this forum regards dave

dd786

Nov 22, 2011
kent
no ideas paul to be honest. Im open to suggestions. And yeah sure, whenever you know you'll have some time.
Hi Ocean :) Thanks for the location suggestions. Perhaps you could join paul and me when we arrange something?
Il look up bushcraft magazine too, good shout on that.
Cheers for the info on the ashford course Dave!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE