Hello, and bushcraft with a partner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 8, 2013
Bristol
Hi all

I'm new and thought I would say hello!

Also . . . I was wondering whether anyone out there is lucky enough to camp with their significant other, and if so what sleeping setup they have. My usual preference is a hammock but I'm not sure how well this works for two of us.I'd like us both be together, for the added warmth if nothing else!

I'd love to hear people's thoughts!

T

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :) and welcome to the forum :D

There are folks who snuggle in together in their hammock, someone mentioned it a little while ago that they did it; I can't remember who though, but hopefully they'll see the thread.

cheers,
Toddy

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hello and welcome!
I haven't been lucky to take my fiance with me to the bush, it's always too cold or wet or..... when it's good weather we do something else. But I managed to get both of us in a hammock, DD Frontline. I'm about 85kg, she's 65kg and it hold up to the task! But we didn't spend the night there, although sleeping was very nice ;)

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Hello and welcome. You're lucky if your other half wants to join you, mine Will only go if I have a car full of equipment to make her comfortable.

Feb 8, 2013
Bristol
Hi all!

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I thought I was lucky to find someone who was into Bushcraft!

But I guess it's easier for a girl to find a single bushcrafting boy ;)

We went to West Wales in the Summer and just slept on the ground in a sand dune but I'm not sure I'd want to do that in cold weather!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
My missus comes away with me in the warmer months using a tent. She preferrs a commercial site with toilets etc tbh. I'm going to organise a meet in the summer in Capel Curig, its a working farm with a few trees so quite wild but the farmer has recently added a toilet/shower block, dead cheap as well,3 or 4 quid pppn. Swmbo will be going to that one.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hey welcome to the forum, yeah never tried a the double hammock thing, sounds dangerous! My partner likes the outdoors but she prefers it in summer in a tent. Fine by me :D

rg598

Native
I've had a few of my girlfriends come with me in the woods on and off (not the current one). Only one of them did it seriously, and we each had separate sleeping gear. If I am in the woods with my significant other, it will be because she is a good partner in the woods, and she needs to be self sufficient and know what she's doing.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I managed to get both of us in a hammock, DD Frontline. I'm about 85kg, she's 65kg and it hold up to the task! But we didn't spend the night there, although sleeping was very nice ;)

Good work mate, there's barely enough room for me in mine. Think I must be hanging it wrong. Mind you there's a lot more of me to fit in

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE