Heads up for Aldi 21/05/15

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I was thinking of you because our branch had merino t-shirts for £14.99.

Torches seem good, hiking tent did not quite make the hosepipe test (with the shower head on) but it is only rated at 2000mm hydrostatic head. Leak at the ridge and and near one place where the taped seam went a bit wrong. Found the the receipt again this morning so might look at changing it if we don't fix it ourselves. But I also think the hose was applying more pressure than rain would.

For less than half the price of a DD travel hammock, not bad though.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
it was also left out in the rain throughout the night on saturday which brought up some rust to the grill and the fire grate above the ash plate but as soon as the fire was back on it was gone,

The specs do say that the bowl and grill are stainless steel, the frame and fire grate specs are not stated.

I'm surmising that the grill and grate are stainless (low grade) if the rust disappeared after re-lighting the fire.

I have not tried mine yet but from what I have seen I am pleased with it, especially for the money.

Thanks for the review,very helpful goodjob

Last edited:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
The torch looks cracking price too, they had only 2W for 9.99 a while back, it was very bright so the 3W looks cracking

Bought one today - waiting for it to get dark to give it a go.

BTW it comes with a nylon belt pouch, which is not stated in the description.

Just bought the very same 3W torch, belt pouch and batteries. Really nice solid bit of kit.

Best bargain though, a huge hiking backpack with rain cover, £6.99. Only objection is that its red and orange, but its for my son and he likes it. Be easier to spot him when I've pushed him off a hill for chattering too much I s'pose.

Aldi have the telescopic lanterns as well, £1.99 (on sale). Figured it'd be a nice hanging like for inside the hammock (still deciding on which hammock, so perhaps a touch premature)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE