Hampshire Meet - Dates and location TBC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
Hi all, I did not want to be presumptuous but I wanted to ask if you are open to new people joining you at some point for a meet. My other half and I moved to the area just over a year ago but have been busy raising our first born who arrived shortly after. I have been into bushcraft for a while and have accumulated all the kit (actually far to much) and am itching to get out and try it all, I should say I am not a novice to the outdoors just my previous experience has alway been under canvas on D of E. So it would be good to do so in a friendly environment of wiser souls. Also I do have a deep appreciation of all things malty and never turn up empty handed (not that I am in anyway trying to ingratiate myself)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....room for one more at all?....apparently i've no wedding, christening, birth, funeral, or engagement party to go to and should be free....should be....

regards

a

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Hi all, I did not want to be presumptuous but I wanted to ask if you are open to new people joining you at some point for a meet. My other half and I moved to the area just over a year ago but have been busy raising our first born who arrived shortly after. I have been into bushcraft for a while and have accumulated all the kit (actually far to much) and am itching to get out and try it all, I should say I am not a novice to the outdoors just my previous experience has alway been under canvas on D of E. So it would be good to do so in a friendly environment of wiser souls. Also I do have a deep appreciation of all things malty and never turn up empty handed (not that I am in anyway trying to ingratiate myself)

Hmmm looks like another initiation ceremony coming up then. LOL:lmao:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Shall we say April then cos Greg can make that too.
Book a weekend off Ben. Tell her you need 'man' time.

Will do! 20th should be okay, I'll check her shifts. Although if she keeps getting to the post before I do I could be living in the woods permanently...

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Guys once you have decided on date and numbers can some one get in touch please so I can confirm. Ps. £10/person fee will apply as usual - sorry but got to pay the rent.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Guys once you have decided on date and numbers can some one get in touch please so I can confirm. Ps. £10/person fee will apply as usual - sorry but got to pay the rent.

Andy,

Thanks for your kind offer of the use of your land. I'm not sure how this works, but I've seen other threads where guys put their names in etc. Anyone mind if I start?! (Presuming the 20th is ok).

Also, could you confirm us 'hangers' will be ok? I'll PM too.

1. Ed Edwards

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi all.

Some of you are familiar with Andy's spot, but for those of you who aren't (myself included) here's the info:

- The General Location is Alton, Hampshire. Details TBC by PM to paid-up individuals.

Timings:

- Andy has kindly offered the Friday and Saturday so the dates are 19th - 20th April. Please annotate the dates you will be there next to your name below.

- Time of Arrival TBC. (Adestu will show the way for those new to the site).

Numbers:

- The limit is 10 people.

Facilities (None):

- Water needs to be brought in.
- Toilets are behind a bush :) 2' s need to be buried.
- Hammocks and bivis are fine, but tents are not great unless small.

Firewood:

- There is some firewood stacked by the main camp area, please re-collect and replace any you use, or bring in wood from a garage.

Rules:

- No Dogs
- 'Leave No Trace' etc

Cost:

- £10 Per Person (for the weekend) Individuals are to settle with Andy direct via PayPal. Please PM him for his email address.

Attendees:

1. Ed Edwards (19 & 20)
2. Gregor-scott
3. Angst
4. Adestu (19 & 20)
5. Gentlemanc (19 TBC & 20)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Can someone add me to the list and I hope to do both nights.I'll bring my big jerry can but if others can bring more as its surprising how much we'd use.is it a group cook up Saturday night? Ed I can be there to show you the site on the Friday.

sent from the back of beyond

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
Hi Ade.

Added :)

Thanks for the water. I'll certainly bring enough stuff for me (wood, food, water) and a little extra too.

Group cook sounds good. I know nothing of such things (Rat Pack Vet :) ). So advice/suggestions appreciated.

It would be great if you can show us 'newcomers' the way. So, the meet time is yours to set.

Thanks again.

Ed

Attendees:

1. Ed Edwards (19 & 20)
2. Gregor-scott
3. Angst
4. Adestu (19 & 20)

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
I would be grateful if I can be added to the list. I would like to be for both nights but will have to confirm the friday in due course. I have two 25ltr water jerrys I can bring along, they need to be christened, I assume the wood is not a massive trek from the car park?

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
I would be grateful if I can be added to the list. I would like to be for both nights but will have to confirm the friday in due course. I have two 25ltr water jerrys I can bring along, they need to be christened, I assume the wood is not a massive trek from the car park?

Hi, Added :)

Many thanks for the water! I'm afraid I've never been to the site before, I wonder if someone could advise on the parking/trekking at this site?

Attendees:

1. Ed Edwards (19 & 20)
2. Gregor-scott
3. Angst
4. Adestu (19 & 20)
5. Gentlemanc (19 TBC & 20)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
The walk from 'car to camp' is about 500m. A couple of cars, 4x4 with ground clearance would be best but it is possible in a 2WD car if your not precious of your paintwork, can drive about 350m closer upto the gates.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
The walk from 'car to camp' is about 500m. A couple of cars, 4x4 with ground clearance would be best but it is possible in a 2WD car if your not precious of your paintwork, can drive about 350m closer upto the gates.

Hi,

I'm guessing that means there's parking to leave more 'delicate' vehicles at the 500 metre point? :)

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
i've booked the friday off so will be there in the morning after rush hour.my jerry can is only 25 litres.i'm sure we can roast up a couple of chickens of something.there should be enough fire wood we can collect.i'm sure there is a map andy can send to one of us and we can share it around.its a great campsite.is sean coming? anyone who wants my number pm me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE