Hampshire Meet Anyone Interested?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Just spoke to the owner.

Unfortunately he has a group doing laser tag on the Saturday so 25th-26th June is not good. BUT he can do 23rd-24th July if that’s OK with all you folks.

Get back to me ASAP so i can then book the site please.

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Ok it seems I keep buying more bushcraft kit but still haven’t been out to play with it yet so I was wandering if people would still be interested in a Hampshire Meet at the Airsoft site which I tried to organise earlier in the year?

If so I need an idea of numbers and preferred months to hold it. Once I know what sort of month’s suit I can approach the owner to find out which dates are available.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Didnt one of you find a good campsite in Dorset from memory?

Just thinking if i cant get at least 10 people like last time we could choose a different venue?

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
yes Burnbake campsite in the purbecks, woodland camping, open fires allowed, cheap too. may be worth a quick search to see if there are any woodland campsites in Hampshire? google may bring up some ideas on sites that allow fires and have woodland. if I get time later I will have a search.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I've had a look at some New Forest camp sites from all bells and whistles to basic with no facilities but doubt you could dig a camp karzi so that may be a no go. Anyone else got an idea of a good camp site we could go to?

Must admit the Burnbake place looks good:

http://www.burnbake.com/index.html

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hi Grendel

I haven't tried this place myself; it regularly advertises in The Bushcraft Magazine, and looks interesting at least. The place is called The Plantation in East Meon, Hampshire. The ad says:

Attention Bushcrafters: 2.5 acre site to yourself or group (maximum 10); light a campfire; beautiful countryside; abundant wildlife; option to tent Tentipi with woodburning stove; logs supplied; peace & seclusion; no light pollution

Pre-book only tel 01730 261570 or 07801 760534. £40 per night for the site; £60 with Tentipi & stove

As I say I haven't been & have no connection with the site, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE