Hampshire Meet Anyone Interested?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I'm in discussion with an airsoft site in Hampshire that may let us rent the woodland site from them for a weekend and wanted to gage people’s interest. Hopefully it would be a Friday-Sunday thing.

I'm hoping a few hardened bushcrafters would like to come and possible show a newbie like me a few skills while also enjoying a weekend in the woods.

The site is close to M27 so easy to get to even if you’re not from Hampshire. Probably thinking around 10 people max since this seems a sensible number from reading other posts on meets. I have asked about facilities and fire lighting so just waiting for a response and will probably ask one of there site team to join us so they can rest easy we wont burn the place down.

Never know if it's a success they may let us there again.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
It's early days yet since only had 1 e-mail from the site owner saying it’s possible but no further info as yet.

The site is based near Wickham and J10 of M27:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...7658,-1.192918&spn=0.011533,0.027423&t=h&z=15

Out of interest how many of you are avid Bushcrafters and done this sort of thing several times before. Since I’m totally new to this Bushcraft stuff so looking to learn from others.

Last edited:

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Hi
Would describe myself as an all round outdoors man with experience from mountain and canoe expeditions. I do have quite an extensive collection of tarps and stoves so might be able to rustle up a little show and tell/tutorial on that? Don't own any camouflage clothing but very keen on outdoor cooking with an open fire.

Nigel

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
Brumstar123 and I have been at this a few years now and we are actively out in the woods doing it for real regularly, also practicing in the garden, were no experts but we have learnt a lot of useful techniques that we would happily share. we have both been on courses which have developed our skills and picked up lots of great tips at various bushcraft moots that we have been to. basically if I know it I will happily share it!

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
So the list so far depending on dates and what the site owner says today when I go up to visit.

1. Grendel
2. Jim
3. Havocsdad
4. Zebaroon
5. Absw
6. Andy BB
7. Geordie9
8. NigelP
9. Gregor-Scot
10.Brumstar 123

Problem being it's an active Airsoft site so if I cant get Friday night to Sunday night would people still be interested in doing just a Friday night, Saturday thing leaving Sat night or early Sun morning before the Airsoft players arrive?

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Just come back from the site.
The owner is happy for us to have bushcraft there only restriction is NO HUNTING OR TRAPPING.

The site has no water supply so will have to bring our own. (Think I have a big water container somewhere)

He can provide chemical toilets at the base camp/car park area if we want or we can dig a camp Karzi. (As long as it’s done properly)

Fires are allowed as long as they are dug down to the clay layer or raised up since the woods have peat soil.

We will have free reign over the woodland area and can build bivys and collect firewood without restrictions.

Price is £100 a day rent. So if 10 of us went from Sat-Sun it would only be £20 a head.

Availability wise they usually don’t use the site last weekend of the month.

They will have one of there team to join us for the time we are there due to insurance restrictions.

I have attached a map of the site for you to look at.

CSW001.jpg

Last edited:

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Choose that one.
How are you going to sort payment etc. You don't want to be left with people dropping out last minute & covering shortfall? Ill check dates with the other half but a Saturday to Sunday job should be OK then. Again good effort on arranging a venue.

Nigel

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
I've just checked with the wife, im good for the end of june too. I can couch for gregor's knowledge, especially the manic formula for the perfect whisky mac! Im in, and ill bring the fire bow :)

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I can couch for gregor's knowledge, especially the manic formula for the perfect whisky mac! :)

Sounds like you’re already trying the formula. :lmao:

I’ll have to wait and see if that date is available but being 2 months away hopefully it should be.

As for money it depends when the owner wants the money. If he wants it in advance I’ll take Non- refundable Pay pal from people to confirm there place so that way unless they have a good reason for not turning up (I will except Death certificates and Dr’s Notes only :cool: ) no one is left out of pocket.

Never know if this is a success and the Site owner are happy with us I could try and make this a regular thing.

Once i have confirmation of the date i'll start a new thread.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE