Halfords A4 aerosol cartridge gas cannister

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
this is the a4 cannister, the sort of cannister that goes in the picknick stoves, but unlike most of the rest it has a propane/butane mix, rather than just butane. you will need an adapter for a remote feed preheater, but I favour this type as the pick up tube inside makes liquid feed switching really simple. The propane should pressure the butane through at tempratures down to at least -30c, so cold enough for most.

227g of gas for £2 , and if your a refiller, I suppose you could refill the lindal valve cartridges at half the price, once you buy the adapter and take the time as well.

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...&productId=223375&categoryId=165650&langId=-1

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
you sure its but/prop mix mate. Says butane on the tin and this is quoted from the reviews

IT DID THE JOB BUT THANKFULLY WE HAD A FEW SPARE AS DURING THE NIGHT IT GETS A BIT COLD AND THE GAS BOTTLE DIDNT WORK IN THE MORNING .

If it is then thats cracking value and a nice find

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
yup Bear its butane/proopane on the ones in the shop formulated for cold weather usage it says, as for any old stock, I couldn't say. Only thing is the pickernick stoves use them in gas pick up mode,and the perennial problem with gas pick up, cannisters loose there umf part way through when the propanes boiled off, but if you use them in liquid pick up, propane will remain till the end. The propane in gas feed mode will help in preheating too in sub zero, as theres nothing quite like a liquid butane fireball ! I don't know why primus don't do pure isobutane and sell them at a premium, that should work for most peoples cold weather needs. Campingaz claim isobutane but in my experience its liquid at subzero temps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE