Grooveski's spring collection?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
When Josh said he wanted to make a thing today I wasn't expecting this :lmao:

P1010890.jpg

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Ok, where's the spring collection then? I want to see springs...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind having a go at making a bodice...that might be a good market for leather work....

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Ok, where's the spring collection then? I want to see springs...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind having a go at making a bodice...that might be a good market for leather work....

the hardest part, other than taking measuments is finding something to replace the boning, whale bone being hard to find, I ended up using wide long cable ties.:)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
See, it's just a wee pouch thingy. :)

A chap on Arran used to make them. The design stuck in my head so thought I'd have a go at it.
Still to tidy up a few bits and oil the side panels to soften them up.

POUCH_01.jpg

POUCH_02.jpg

POUCH_03.jpg

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Cut the main panel then mocked a sidepanel in paper. Took a couple of shots to get right and next time I'd add ½" to the top curve so the folds came up a little higher in the throat.
Here's the template I cut to.

POUCH_04.jpg

Worth pointing out that the holes for the drawcord are placed so that the folded edge is drawn in flush to the main panel. Nearly punched them evenly then realised that the folds would be sticking out.

Going to make a smaller one, pellet pouch size. I'll post up the template for that too if it works out ok.

Cheers for the comments. :)
Funnily enough Tam I was thinking of trying a wee belt pouch as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE