Great photos!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
quick ponder there are some fanrastic photos done on the site and mine well. great subject rubbish capture techniques i have a very old digi and now wanting to upgrade on eqpt and practice and i now enjoy taking the photos plus the added bonus of the new zealand trip this year how good is the fuji finepix s5500 and the time to read and play will this do for me ie is it easy to master good enough to take the pics in the locations we find ourselves.
thanks for any advice

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Get a tripod. Using a tripod will dramatically improve your landscape shots. Plus using the timer you can get shots with you in them. You also tend to think more about the framing of a shot with a tripod. And if you are taking it any distance, get a light one.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I have a Fuji s5000, great camera, take some good shots..
I would take the 6 megapixel with a pinch of salt, since it's not true 6meg, uses interpolated mode.

Only thing i'd say is that it is a bit bulky, you can't really carry it casually.
but that's the only really draw back... one of the better cameras in that price range.

have a look for some review of digital cameras on the net.
think www.pcpro.co.uk have a good "A list" and lab tests on digital cams.

Good luck :)
Cheers

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
What do you folks think about the Hewlett Packard 945,looks pretty good to me from the little bit of reading i've done,the ALT feature look to be a really great idea,these new digital cameras are so small and easy to carry with you.I dunno about anyone else but using film and the assoiated cameras just somehow seems more proper,i've always wanted a Hasselblad but never had the money,i really like the square negative,the picture quality is fantastic.But large format is where its at for ultimate quality,5x4 & 10x8.Anyone ever seen the large format polaroid cameras producing huge huge prints,sumat like 3 feet by 4 feet.Amazing quality.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Giancarlo said:
I have a Fuji s5000, great camera, take some good shots..
I would take the 6 megapixel with a pinch of salt, since it's not true 6meg, uses interpolated mode.

The S5500 is true 4MP, not interpolated like the older S5000. thailand3654 PM me for info as I've just bought one :hyper: bit of a coincidence! I used to use a Pentax MX for photography (a serious hobby of mine) and this is a bit of a foray into digital for me... we'll see how it shapes up :wink:

If you want a very detailed review have a look at www.dpreview.com, and also the Fuji forum at www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012. Plus you can download the manual at www.fujifilm.co.uk :biggthump

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
I'e currently got a Sony DSC P8, its ok, but I have found its limitations, so I'm treating myself to a S7000 Fuji :D I laso have a Canon AT1 35mm SLR, its as old as I am and still going strong!!!!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
The Pentax MX was a quality SLR in its day and will still produce top quality results today,i still use an ME Super,cracking little cameras. :)

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Canon Ixus 4mpix and film versions.

Design classics all.
Superb build
Canon camera electronics are the best
Small enough that you never leave it at home because it's too bulky.

:eek:):

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
Thanks guys yes my name as changed dont ask but read those reviews and just orderded the fuji finepix s5500 will post some pics when it arrives and i am happy with it it will be going to loch fyne in two weeks time for a bushcraft weekend.... :chill: :Crazy_071

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Scally said:
Thanks guys yes my name as changed dont ask but read those reviews and just orderded the fuji finepix s5500 will post some pics when it arrives and i am happy with it it will be going to loch fyne in two weeks time for a bushcraft weekend.... :chill: :Crazy_071

Perhaps a bit late for you Scally, but this may be of interest to others looking for similar. We just got a Panasonic FZ20 and it's superb. We got it from Jessops for £340 (they did a price match on an internet deal). Brilliant camera, about the size of a normal SLR, so not a "slip it in yer pocket" camera, but it has a 12x Leica zoom lens which is simply superb and gives F2.8 all the way through the zoom range. In fact the lens way outclasses the 5 megapixel tube. Ther 12x zoom makes it brill for outdoor and wildlife photography and the built in stabalizer works surpisingly well to give pin sharp pics at full zoom even without a tripod. I'm no photographer and this is more of a camera than I will ever need, but even so, I found the menus and operation to be very intuative and straightforward. It's sophisticated if you want it to be, but basic operation is a no-brainer - which suits me.

Review

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE